ForumsThe TavernHard Choice -Dr.Pepper or Coke-

58 7817
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

I cannot give you an answer to this question myself. I love them both there like family literally!

• 58 Replies
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

So far I see Dr. Pepper seems to be winning.

Flag
I don't know what's better...
Tips about Coke (i'm not talking about how it's been made and from what, think you all know or heard about it... if no... dissolve 338 gramm of sugar in a glass of water and try it, sweetness is the same as coke have):
- one glass of coce with 4 spoons of coffee makes really great effect (you can drinking it and after 30 minutes electrocardiography shows you have arrhythmia)
- you all know the joke with mentos and coke
- it's great dental raid remover (removes also enamel)
- if you put some ants (for example) in a glass with coke and leave it for a while, you'll see that ants were eroded
This list may be endless.

I Think that coke erodes your teeth thats why it makes them feel dry I think.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

ohh my gosh definently Docter Pepper.. its sad cause my uncle works for Coke hahah!

dr.pepper is from coca-cola

and pepsi (the original, not the MAX or w/e) is way better then coke aswell =)
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Dr. Pepper is my hubby! I love that soda so much. It really is the only soda I will drink because Coke rots your soul. While Dr. Pepper on the other hand is 23 flavors of pure heaven.

But as a side note Cream Soda is my favorite type of soda. I basically mainline both of them anyway so it's cool. *loudly whispers*BTW that was sarcasm*loudly whispers*

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Meh I think their both alright but I never really liked coke so dr. Pepper is better. But mtn dew is the best overall!!

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

Hey coke doesnt need to be compared to Dr pepper they already have a problem pepsi GRRRr

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

coke because my uncle works for it

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I'd choose coke not really into Dr.Pepper

Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

I Think that coke erodes your teeth thats why it makes them feel dry I think.

Thats's not the cause. Caffeine, which is part of Coke is a strong diuretic, and the concentration of glucose exceeds that of its content in the blood - all this leads to the fact that Coca-Cola expels water first into the bloodstream, and then from the body, causing thirst, some time after consumption, causing a desire to buy more Coke.

The same you can see in energy drinks.
Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

It consisted of three components:

* Water, 5 parts
* Extract of kola nuts, 1 part
* The leaves of cocain, 3 parts

The first year of the beverage industry has produced only losses. But after a while, suddenly, there appeared regular customers, connected with the cocaine fairway. An accountant Mr. Pemberton was fond of calligraphy wrote the words "Coca-Cola" monogram, later it became the Coca-Cola logo. Two years later, in 1888, the rights for drink and logo theme got Irishman Asa Griggs Kendler, four years later he founded the «The Coca-Cola Company», that still exists today. In 1919, Asa Kendler sold the company Coca-Cola for for $ 25 millions to Ernest Woodruff - capable banker from Atlanta with a group of other investors. Since then the recipe has changed a bit - cocaine's use is banned, so now in cola comes extract from the treated leaves. The exact recipe is one of the most protected trade secrets.

Recently flashed the news that the secret ingredient of coca cola - the cochineal.

In general, the recipe was published in the Journal "Science and life" (10, 1992, sec. 87, "The secret of Coca-Cola&quot, which in turn reprinted it from a German magazine «Natuur».

However, there are recipes for homemade cola. The recipe was found in the secret diaries of Pemberton, he wrote it before his death. Actually, here it is:

First mix "black elixir". It includes:

- 80 drops of essential oil of orange
- 40 drops of essential oil of cinnamon
- 120 drops of essential oil of lemon
- 20 drops of essential oil of coriander
- 40 drops of oil of nutmeg
- 40 drops of neroli oil
- Essential oils of lime (optional)

Then for 2.5 gallon (9.464 liters (one bucket)) of water is taken:
- 42 grams of "black elixir"
- 113 grams of caffeine citrate
- 56 grams of phosphoric acid (suppresses the emetic response to the huge number of sugar)
- Sugar - 13.5 pounds!

All of this must maintain for 24 hours until readyness.

However, even if it's a real recipe, it is still not finished coca-cola, just concentrate, which is then diluted with water.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

If the question was: "Dr. Pepper and/or coke the choice would be easy, but it isn't, so I'll go with Coke.

dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

Dr. Pepper all the way

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

dr.pepper is from coca-cola

Not anymore.

"Dr Pepper, Inc. and The Seven Up Company on May 19, 1986. The merger was a result of the independent bailouts of both companies and the subsequent FTC blockage of a Dr Pepper merger with Coca-Cola. The DPSU merger resulted in the breakup of international branding rights held by the two independent companies.

Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. was purchased by Cadbury Schweppes plc and The Carlyle Group on March 2, 1995 after the conglomerate became debt-ridden and insolvent. It sold for about US$1.7 billion, plus about US$870 million of Dr Pepper/Seven-Up debt. This made Cadbury Schweppes the largest soft drink company in the world not to be named after a cola beverage.

In early 2006, Cadbury Schweppes purchased the remainder of Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. and Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group from The Carlyle Group. All Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. assets were absorbed into Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages, which included Mott's Beverages and Snapple Beverages.
"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper/Seven_Up
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

How do you become debt ridden selling drinks nation wide. What are there even to get debts into?

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

I'd have to go with Coke. To me, Dr. Pepper has a strange after taste, but I still like it, but Coke owns my vote.

ellisdee45
ellisdee45
55 posts
Shepherd

Not hard Dr. Pepper by far.

Showing 31-45 of 58