ForumsNews and FeedbackChanging Game Rating?

14 3684
wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

So I heard that this might be implemented in AG3. Is this true? If it it is I really don't think it's a good idea. If a person has a certain rating she/he should have the same opinion later. Plus a person might just be trying to help out a friend by bumping up their rating of a game.

• 14 Replies
strangeperson
strangeperson
68 posts
Nomad

What if the first half of the the game is great and the other half is horrible? You would want to change your rating if you had rated it based on the first half?

Llamasushi
Llamasushi
102 posts
Peasant

^^^Example Raze 2? Yes, I agree this would be very helpful.

antiloopje
antiloopje
16 posts
Blacksmith

I'd like to be able to change game ratings. An opinion is not a fixed thing and may change. Also, updates of a game could really improve it. And about helping a friend? How many people know a game dessigner?

RubisNoir
RubisNoir
2 posts
Nomad

Yes it 's a good idea

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I like the idea to change ratings, but it must be cutted (1 change maximum) i think.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i dont think its a good idea unless you get 2 AP just like the normal cause if you got AP everytime that would be stupid so i think it would be rate get your AP then if you change the rating you wont get any AP

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Opinions change often, and one person rating a game highly among hundreds and hundreds of people wouldn't make a difference.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

i dont think its a good idea unless you get 2 AP just like the normal cause if you got AP everytime that would be stupid so i think it would be rate get your AP then if you change the rating you wont get any AP

As far as I know, game ratings won't award AP in AG3.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I think it's a good idea. Opinions about a game can change. Sometimes you may rate a game and then you find out is not as good or as bad as you thought.

Xzaithyr
Xzaithyr
138 posts
Bard

I Think people should be able to change their ratings, but as someone else stated before it should be a limited number of times, 1 at most imo, and also as someone else stated, you should only obtain the AP once.

And @wipe42 Saying that someone should always keep the same opinion once they've made it is probably the most simple minded thing i've heard someone say, opinions are open to change at any moment. If you were watching a movie and loved it all the way thru and thought it was great, but then the end sucked and ruined it for you, your telling me you would still say it's great....?

pruimenmoes
pruimenmoes
35 posts
Nomad

no you shouldn't change game rating,if the game was very popular and there's a newcomer that want's to play a high-rated game and he didn't played it yet then is that for him a fun game

my awnser is:no you don't change game rating

Suikostar
Suikostar
6 posts
Nomad

Yes please. Example: Necronator 2. You can probably see some people commented they wished they could change their rating. The first time the game was released there were lots of bugs and problems. Then they fixed the bugs, updated the game weekly and most people love it now.

I wish I could change my ratings for some games too.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's definitely going to be in AG3, so you just have to wait several more months.

Showing 1-13 of 14