ForumsWEPRislam

23 6250
sokumon
sokumon
4 posts
Nomad

i want to get things straight....

islam is a peaceful religion

people who use the Islamic name and bomb have no meaning they are totally utter idiots!

• 23 Replies
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant
iPC
iPC
146 posts
Nomad

Islamic is a peaceful religion. For those saying that the leader killed others to make them believe in it, look at what God did:
Drowned the world
Send meteor on village when they weren't Christian
Pwnt some more non-monotheistic people.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all Semetic, meaning that they all came from the same place.

Allah is the same as God.

There are fanatical Muslims, but there are also fanatical Christians, Buddhists, etc. Just because one (or two, or three, or thousands..) person is an extremist doesn't mean everyone is.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@necromancer

Did ya notice that EVERY example that site had was from the Old Testament? That's why I said Judaism is violent. But Christianity is peaceful.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

And the Christian Bible does not include the Old Testament?

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Great, another Islam bashing thread. How come the atheist has to come by and defend religions against ignorant people?

Who cares what the founder of a religion was like? The Greek and Norse mythologies were replete with bloodshed. Judaism features some horrendous acts of genocide. The Aztecs followed religions formed out of conquest.

So what? Every religion out there has been used for violence and has also been used for peace. Claiming Christianity is peaceful because it's founder was is like claiming Queen Elizabeth is queen because some watery tart threw a sword at her just like King Arthur.

Some followers of Islam are peaceful. I've met quite a few. Some followers of Islam are violent. You can turn on the evening news to hear about them. This datapoint really means nothing to the religion either way because ALL religions have that datapoint.

Trying to claim social issues in Afghanistan are Islam's fault is ignorant also. Women were oppressed in all cultures previous to 1900 or so. The change there was economic and political freedom allowing the women to fight for their rights. Third world nations like Afghanistan haven't had those reforms. Neither have Cameroon or Myanmar, which are Christian and Buddhist respectively.

Look, I think basically all religions are pointless wastes of time, but can we have actual arguments against them instead of ad hominem attacks against their followers or founders?

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Kane the Brain
I agree with you except that there has never been anyone who killed or hurt someone else in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

@necromancer: Truly, you preach the good world of the FSM. Marinara be unto you, my friend. Do you also play the part of the pirate in an attempt to stave off global warming? I've celebrated every Talk Like A Pirate day for the past 4 years.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Yes, I do advocate piracy in the fight to stall global warming, I am planning on writing my report on global warming for Earth Science on how piracy is needed to end it.

Showing 16-23 of 23