ForumsThe TavernHow many times has history repeated itself?

13 4703
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Here is a thread were we talk about the events of our history and how many times history has repeated itself. You will find out history has repeated itself many times.

• 13 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

The number of repetitions depends on the event in question. In the case of world war, I think this has happened at least 3 times (Napoleonic wars and the 2 world wars). Other events have repeated themselves a different number of times.

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Here is a thread were we talk about the events of our history and how many times history has repeated itself. You will find out history has repeated itself many times

Also dont forget to tell why these events transpired.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

In the case of world war, I think this has happened at least 3 times (Napoleonic wars and the 2 world wars).

If we're counting large-scale conquests, look at the extent of the Persian Empire 2500 years ago. That was over 1000 years before gunpowder was even invented.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

If we're counting large-scale conquests, look at the extent of the Persian Empire 2500 years ago. That was over 1000 years before gunpowder was even invented.

I'm talking about large-scale wars, not large empires. However, there may be a large-scale war associated with the Persian Empire.
Kellinger
Kellinger
158 posts
Nomad

well depends on what type of history, because in recent history, I sneezed alot during last flu season.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

well depends on what type of history, because in recent history, I sneezed alot during last flu season.

*facepalm*

I really don't think it is possible to pinpoint the number of times history has repeated itself, just due to the sheer amount of time over which history has been recorded.
Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

History does not simply repeat itself, it just goes in a spiral

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

In the case of world war, I think this has happened at least 3 times (Napoleonic wars and the 2 world wars).

How about the wars between the Greek city's against the Persians.
You had many battlefields there, like Thermopalea or Marathon.
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

I am not talking about your life i am talking about the history of the world.
In school I learn history not because it is an important part of our culture but because I can learn from the past mistakes that other countrie's have made.

darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

There's no such thing as "History repeats itself". Only man does such repetition.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

This never repeated . George Washington faught the revolution once, the American civil watt happened once. Need I go on?

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

too many times to count. it's kinda hard not to but that's why we need to know our history.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Depends on how you define 'repeated itself'. If you mean exactly, then it has never repeated. But if i's just a bit, then it happens every day.

Showing 1-13 of 13