ForumsThe TavernWindows, Apple, or Ubuntu Linux

18 3232
spybot605
spybot605
2 posts
Nomad

Do you like Windows, Apple, or Ubuntu Linux the most?

• 18 Replies
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I don't know what Ubuntu Linux is and I dislike Apple. That only leaves Windows, so I choose Windows.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I pick Windows, although Apple is cool. I don't know about Ubuntu Linux very well though.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I have never heard of Ubuntu Linux. I grew up with Windows so I pick it but I like Apple because it loads faster.
Windows is more familiar to me so I know how to navigate it, and Apple seems more confusing but I guess I would have to take time to explore it.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

My computer is running Ubuntu Linux, and it's not as functional as Windows, but has better security and crashes rarely. It's great for media consumption and torrenting(with a pre-installed bit-torrent?!), but can't run most gaming software that is available in windows. In short, it is mostly a work and programming platform.
Windows 7 is great, but can't run on some computers (like mine).
Macintosh goes by the apple philosophy- it should be intuitive to a 3-year-old, so every has to be at a 3-year-old level.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

I use Apple/Mac. It's easy to use, functional, and rarely if ever succumbs to computer viruses that easily take down Windows and other systems.

Likuris
Likuris
65 posts
Nomad

There's a huge hatred towards Windows in the internets.
Usually in the wars between the supporters of Linux and Windows completely incompetent both of them. If at least one of them knows the OS very good, he can easily outargue second one.

Linux can be used by:
* People who use computer only for: sitting on the internet, listening to music, watching movies, editing documents, etc.
* Members of embedded systems. Is set slightly less than on all the embedded systems such as routers, televisions, PDAs, refrigerators, and other journals.
* Users of mobile phones based on Android, as well as some Nokia.
* Players on the Dingoo A-320 and its variations, which, without installing the appropriate operating system to say the least not a cake.
* Sony-PS2 users had on the console a version of Linux that Sony sold together with a USB mouse and keyboard, VGA adapter, network adapter, PS2 (only Ethernet), and 40 GB harddrive, turning PS2 in some computer, but with the loss of the ability to play on it the games from PS1 and PS2.
* Fans of fiddle with components, who not played enough in childhood with the constructors.
* Former users of Windows, which are tired of periodic glitches of Windows, and are now willing to voluntarily donate a couple of days to install the new system.

Apple itself stands against all and sundry, that is noticeable even in such minor things as software compatibility with other platforms. But, as usual pc-users can't do anything special to counter very truthful apple-fans arguments, very often the discussion goes into outer space.
Almost any apple-user is sure that he "is not like everyone, he's special", and has the most stylish and comfortable technology of the future. Just being different is often expressed in an alternative sexual orientation.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I choose Windows because on Mac you can't play all games and I once tried to get Linux but there were to many versions so I couldn't choose so I let it to.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I stick with Windows solely for the video games. If not, I would have probably moved onto Ubuntu already.

Apple, shmapple.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

I dislike Apple

Do you want to be my friend?

--

I think Ubuntu is better, but I use Windows. I think I will change soon.
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

I prefer with windows

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/8420179/pc-vs-mac/page/1

ahmed_memo98
ahmed_memo98
1 posts
Nomad

Ubuntu & Apple

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

I think Apple is the best.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Apple sucks.

Mac sucks more than Apple does.

If I didn't have problems with Ubuntu, I'd still be using it today. I was having a pretty difficult time with games, unfortunately, so I had to switch back to Windows. At least I still had a XP disk, because Vista sucks.

Yes, I'm still in the stone ages and haven't gotten 7.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

i hate apple, idk Ubuntu Linux, and i like Windows

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Does anyone really use Linux?

Apple is OK, just has things I don't like about. Not as open as Windows is. So I am more of a Windows fan. People complain about Vista, I never had any issues. Now I have 7. Yes it is better then Vista.

Showing 1-15 of 18