ForumsThe TavernVets?

16 2648
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

So what does the noble society of AG think a AG vet is?

I think it's someone who has been here since long ago, and has been active on the forums and have atleast 700+ forum posts.

• 16 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

A doctor for animals.

Just kidding, a veteran is probably someone who's been here for over a year, or at least enough for every regular of their time to know them.

atleast 700+ forum posts.

Waaay to many users have that and i wouldn't call any of them vets. A person can make 700 spam posts, or they can make 2000 spam posts, it doesn't define their status on the site.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

A doctor for animals.

That's what I thought this thread would be about.

atleast 700+ forum posts.
Waaay to many users have that and i wouldn't call any of them vets. A person can make 700 spam posts, or they can make 2000 spam posts, it doesn't define their status on the site.

I would say it's when a person has just been around for some time and knows the rules, has played some games, and has been active on the forums for a bit. Pretty much as soon as you're not new anymore.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I would say it's when a person has just been around for some time and knows the rules, has played some games, and has been active on the forums for a bit. Pretty much as soon as you're not new anymore.

Okay i didn't mean ONLY when he has 700+ posts, also when people get to know him etc.
And as soon as you're not new? That would make an awful lot of people vets don't you think?
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

That would make an awful lot of people vets don't you think?

You're considered a veteran after one tour in the military I believe. That's a relatively short time.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

You're considered a veteran after one tour in the military I believe

Depends what country. In Serbia, you're considered a Veteran when you become a general and retire
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

You are a vet for me if u post many good, helpful posts.
And not the guy who says : I'm more VET than you because I clicked on every game and gave it a random rating and then spammed the community section.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

The term "veteran" seems to be used very loosely when it comes to describing AG members. Usually I'm fine with using it for someone who has been an active member of the community for a long time and has been around for at least a year.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

You're a veteran if you can look back on 'the good old days' without people saying you weren't here for the 'good old days'.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I think that a Vet is (besides a doctor for dogs) an AGer that had been here around since the AG Golden Age, is (at least) moderately known and have a respectable number of USEFUL forum posts.

HOLY MACARONI! SO MANY VETS ON THE FIRST PAGE! Well, those are, in my opinion, Vets.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You're a veteran if you can look back on 'the good old days' without people saying you weren't here for the 'good old days'.

A good definition. Remember the good old days Pazx?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

A good definition. Remember the good old days Pazx?

When you were trying to get in Jess's pants and I was an annoying spammy kid?

Good times
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Good times

Eyup.

A veteran fits Pazx's definition perfectly.... and people who were around during the timeframe Kirby specified should remember those good old days. If not, get the hell out.

Although Jeol's is alright, it'd be possible for a person born yesterday to get that amount. However no one has seemed to accomplish that. Probably correlates to the forums' decline into mediocrity.

Oh, and the 800-1000 posts prerequisite fits into the regulars' categoty.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Good times

You Sir, are a thoroughly annoying person trying to bring that up again!
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

You Sir, are a thoroughly annoying person trying to bring that up again!

Don't worry, no one else will pester you.

Now where did I leave all those files so I can remember what to pester you with?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Although Jeol's is alright, it'd be possible for a person born yesterday to get that amount.

Newborn infant or not, the highest possible post count in which one could attain in a 24-hour period is 2880 posts. That's one post every 30 seconds. So far, nobody, even the spammiest of forum spammers, has ever been able to reach even a quarter of that amount in just a single day.

Anyone devoted to AG enough to stay online for 24 straight hours and post something every 30 seconds is alright in my book. Even if they are the most spammy of spammers, I'd give them recognition for that kind of dedication. Maybe not veteran status, but certainly legendary status.
Showing 1-15 of 16