ForumsThe TavernBest mobile phone?

19 3728
baris4500
baris4500
23 posts
Nomad

Which mobile phone do you think is the best?
  • 19 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I can forsee this will lead to a spam thread where people state just the phone model.

Nevertheless, my preference is for my IPhone 4, mainly because of the wide range of apps for it; I play the games a lot and use the free messenger apps most of the time. I'm extremely used to the touchscreen, so switching phones now would be disastrous for me.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I can forsee this will lead to a spam thread where people state just the phone model.

Quick off-topic comment: Please, this can develop into a interesting thread, don't just spam and say Iphone 4, BB Bold etc. etc. Support your opinion.

Anyways i like the Iphone 4, it's really helpful when it comes to research, apps to cure boredom, free messenger apps and plus you can make a whale via text message... ._.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Best phone to me is a regular flip phone that can text and call people. Here's mine:
http://i.imgur.com/YAnVb.jpg
I've had it for about three-four years and it's great, it suits everything I want from a phone.

But the best phone for many people will probably be something like the iPhone or Droid. I don't have a use for those since I don't often surf the web on phones and I don't care for the applications either. I also like to have buttons to press instead of a touch screen.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I've had it for about three-four years and it's great, it suits everything I want from a phone.

But the best phone for many people will probably be something like the iPhone or Droid. I don't have a use for those since I don't often surf the web on phones and I don't care for the applications either. I also like to have buttons to press instead of a touch screen.

Many phones (Esp Andriods) that can surf the net and have such apps use keyboards as well. Also, there are phones that operate on touch screens but send a quick buzz to your fingers when you type so it seems like a normal button.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well, I wouldn't mind one with buttons and a touch screen. I've actually been thinking about getting a new phone with a full keyboard, I think they're better for texting.

Something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/Eg7SU.jpg

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well, I wouldn't mind one with buttons and a touch screen. I've actually been thinking about getting a new phone with a full keyboard, I think they're better for texting.

Something like this:

Yep, personally I feel a hybrid might be good for you; what with this Age of Fast Communication, without an on the go Internet Device, you might be swept away.

That said, I got fed up typing on buttons too, hence my switch.
greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

I am an iPhone 4 person. The apps, a GPS, gaming with out people realizing. The only thing it needs is a keyboard, but I still think that the iPhone is the best.

Coke1984
Coke1984
12 posts
Nomad

Blackberry still rocks - Can't live without that keyboard, and the fact that iPhones can only be enhanced with apps from the iStore, thus approved by apple, counts as censorship in my oppinion.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

The only thing it needs is a keyboard, but I still think that the iPhone is the best.

This would be very great for me because it is hard for me to tap at such small touchscreen things like IPhone. My iPad 2 is just big enough to tap the letters without making to much faults.

But I have a Samsung star qwerty which is great. I can do everything and have Internetacces.
dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

I used to have some kind of flip-open but now have an Intensity II [both Verizon]. I think it is pretty good.

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

i like normal flip phones howevr they are really hard for texting but really good for all other purposes thoough and i like how small they are the new ones are really fat als flip phones can take a lot of damage and be fine

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

The Banana Phone. Why? Because its...

Oddular. Modular. Interactive-odular.

ova9000
ova9000
88 posts
Nomad

the new ipone 5 coming out because you could go on the internet, make a holographic keybouard and watch tv.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

;D

From my point of view, this is the stats for phones.

Older generation:

Simple stuff. Those old phones with buttons. The newest phones from the old generation are like smartphones, but they still got buttons.
The winner is probably Xperia x12 Mini Pro from Sony Ericson.

Smartphones:

They with big screen, only touch. iPhone is most popular [for some reason]. They are actually pretty bad for their price. HTC is the one with most different versions.
But the winner is probably Nexus Prime from Samsung.

Newer generation:

They are a bit bigger, but look a bit special. There are very few of this generation, but it will be more later. Many people think they are smartphones. If I'm not wrong there are none of this generation available to buy for the moment.
An example is ASUS Padphone.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

iPhone4 is the best! I use it all the time to post on ag like right now and when I'm too lazy to go get my laptop and turn it on and bla. Very nice and it fixes my bad grammar too

Showing 1-15 of 19