ForumsWEPRwho cant wait for this documentary to come out?

9 3039
sintrum
sintrum
230 posts
Nomad

http://whereisobl.com

i think its going to be the ebst documentery ever!

• 9 Replies
redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

this is just dumb -.-

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

lol i'd watch it, it remind me kinda like a book my friend had, it was like "Wheres Waldo" but it was with Osama in stead, the whole book was really funny.

iPC
iPC
146 posts
Nomad

Looks like it's going to be a pretty good movie. It's from the makers of SuperSizeMe and it has an interesting plot... I wonder if it's supposed to be a comedy or a realistic thing.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Looks dumb.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Morgan Spurlock is a good filmmaker, but a terrible documentarian. His biases in subject matter are obvious, and he often leaves out important details or slants things to make whatever he's talking about fit his notions.

I've seen "Super Size Me" and a few of his "30 days" shows and I'll give some examples.

Super Size Me was about eating at McDonald's and how it's bad for you. No duh, right? Well, he paints it much worse than it actually is. Remember the scene where he eats his first big mac and then barfs? Makes it seem like McDonald's must be awful for you right?

Well, turns out Mr. Spurlock was a vegetarian before he started his adventure. Vegetarians stop producing the enzymes that digest animal protein and some of the other substances in meat. Spurlock would have vomited after eating ANY meat, even some fresh Kobe beef prepared by a world-class chef. Of course, he paints it as McDonald's awful calories.

He also showed how his body-fat percentage went through the roof in that month. Must be all the calories from McDonald's, right? Well, Spurlock was also a professional gymnast before this, and had maybe 2% body fat before he started. He wouldn't allow himself to walk more than 5,000 steps a day (less than a mile) during the month, so most of his muscle mass was converted to fat. Just like any athlete that stops exercising. But no, it's that awful McDonald's that's killing him.

There were a lot of instances of things like this in his "30 Days" shows, where halfway through the show they'd add some twist to make it much worse, or show some person that hasn't had time to adjust to something freaking out because they're outside their comfort zone.

The worst part is, I agree with a lot of the premises he has. McDonald's IS bad for you. Being poor DOES suck. But by wildly exaggerating the issues, he makes it much more difficult to change those things.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

looks boring and biased

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Haha, My cousin told me about this, but I thought he was lieing! WOW lol hahaaha! NICE!!!!! XD

Butters
Butters
918 posts
Nomad

Looks like a pretty good movie,I dont think hes going to find him that way

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

@ Kanethebrain: Those are some important points you've raised.

How would you then respond to Al Gore's An Inconvenient Trueth, and more importantly, the outcomes from its release?

Showing 1-9 of 9