ForumsThe TavernMy Voice -,-

16 2557
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

So....God decides to give me a good shove and I've lost my voice now. I wonder if anyone has a really good cure for a really bad throat? Or, alternatively, has anyone here lost their voices before?

• 16 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This happens to me at the best of times, like when I actually need to talk to people, when I turned 20 and stuff like that.
As far as I know, all you can do is keep your throat warm, drink hot drinks and rest it, using it as little as possible.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

As far as I know, all you can do is keep your throat warm, drink hot drinks and rest it, using it as little as possible.

Ah what bad luck....I have an important presentation in 5 days. Is it too late to do an about turn and burn a few joss sticks?
JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

When my throat hurt, my mother suggested mixing salt with water, heating it up, and gargling. It helped somewhat.

Adding lemon juice probably wouldn't hurt, either.

sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Try some traditional Indo medication, works like a charm. Considering you're in Singapore, I guess you can get it.

But, if you can't, try what Cenere suggested, it usually helps

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Eat mints. Mints and all hard candies in general are pretty useful, at least for me.

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

One time I was losing my voice my mum gave me a shot of brandy with lemon and it cleared right up.

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating underage drinking

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

For immediate help, if your throat huts, I eat a marshmallow. and I guess if it doesn't work for anyone else, they at least taste yummy

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

lost my voice, it was surprisingly weird, my parents tried a bunch of diferent "remedies," and my mouth tastes terrible still. none worked.
but i declare drink warm stuff, it helps alot. mostlyish.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Take a spoon full of honey, drink hot tea/ water, dont talk, and gargle salt water.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

yeah drink warm beverages, cough drops, don't talk (which is really fun at some times) and ice cream =P

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

One time I was losing my voice my mum gave me a shot of brandy with lemon and it cleared right up.

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating underage drinking

Don't worry mate, I drink quite a bit already. I want my voice back after 5 days Nothing works.
darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

warm water with salt; citrus honey tea

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Ricolas usually help for me. If I don't have that I usually just guzzle honey until it goes away.

AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Lemon juice with a spoonful of honey, lots of calcium and a special recipe:

Heat up some milk and boil for two minutes with sage leaves. Remove the leaves, add some honey and let the milk cool down a bit. Drink while warm.

Helps me out every time.

dric454
dric454
68 posts
Nomad

When Our Throat Hurts(Causes Of Coughing,Eating Sweets,Etc.)Or Don't Have Voice,My Mom Boils Ginger In A Pot...And After It Boiled She Puts It In The Cup And Forces Us To Drink It..O_O It Taste Yucky But It's Freakingly Effective...

Showing 1-15 of 16