ForumsThe Tavernfabric softener and laundry

6 1952
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

do you think that the laundry gets hard and scratchy if you dont use fabric softener?

i think that its a waste of money. i cant even smell the parfume in the fabric softener but my mom is insistent that it must be in the washing machine.

what do you think?

• 6 Replies
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Yes. Not much debate in this.

Besides, fabric softener makes for a great substitute if you suddenly run out of hair shampoo.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I don't use fabric softener, never have. I don't care to use my money on something like that when I can't see the use of it anyway.
Don't think my parents used it much either, so it is not a particular part of my laundry routine.

AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

I guess there are shampoos for fabric which have a softener already in them.

I just don't use them, so I need the softener. Otherwise... ugh, scratchy shirts. Or worse - scratchy suits pants.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Considering I am using the cheapest laundry detergent I can get my hands on, it either means they have taken the time to include something other, more expensive companies haven't for some reason, or I am just not bothered with my clothes that easily.
The only scratchy item of clothes I have is my jumper, and I think that is supposed to be like that.

All a matter of opinion, I guess. If you do your own laundry, it is easy to figure out if you need the softener or not.

AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Well, I doubt they're including softener in the cheapest detergents, since mine doesn't have any and I'm not exactly Bill Gates.

All a matter of opinion, I guess. If you do your own laundry, it is easy to figure out if you need the softener or not.

Pretty much, yeah.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I often use the fabric softener sheets whenever I do my own laundry, and the clothes comes out smelling great and softer from what I can tell. But those are the ones you put in the dryer, I never use the liquid kind for the washer, detergent is enough.

Showing 1-6 of 6