ForumsThe TavernAirline of choice?

13 2924
JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, guys, anybody ever fly commercial before? I'm wondering which airline's the best, and what's the Armor Gamers' experience?

Normally, I flew with NorthWest before they merged with Delta because they had lower prices. Went with Delta after that, and they were okie-doke. Tried American once: from China to Dallas was good, but the commuter flight needed improvement. At least the flight attendant on that one was nice.

Now going home for Chinese New Year on United. Through O'Hare in Chicago. I'm a little nervous.

My best flight experience was Malaysia Airlines. Food was great (with actual METAL cutlery!), entertainment options were good, and the stewards dressed like circus ringmasters with no hats. (Addressing the cabin with "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls" sure made the flight's mood a lot lighter, too.)

(Oh, and if anyone cares, I've never flown anything higher class than coach.)

• 13 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

My best flight experience was Malaysia Airlines.

Korea, Singapore, and Malaysia all have the best airlines in the world, in my opinion. I went inside a Korea Air plane, and it was very swanky. It has to do with the fact that you have to be on a plane for 18 hours, and they have to make sure the flight is the best to make sure you come back.

Delta is pretty good. The free cookies are awesome.

American Air sucked. I did not like being told to apply for a credit card, even though I was 13 at the time. :/
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Korea, Singapore, and Malaysia all have the best airlines in the world, in my opinion.

I fully agree. Even when you're not in first class, you can enjoy the flight easily, the tickets are relatively cheap for the comfort they offer you.
I'd choose between Singapore or Turkish, the Turks have a really decent airline aswell
JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

I've heard very good things on Singapore.

Sad to say, not too many Asian airlines have direct flights to the Greater Metropolitan Mayberry area, so I have to resort to one of the more USA/global ones.

Oh, I'd also enjoyed Qantas when going from Hong Kong down to Brisbane, QLD, Australia. Not bad at all, either. My teacher friend from Briz doesn't hold much stock with them, especially since they merged with British Airways. He's more of a Thai Airways guy.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Korea, Singapore, and Malaysia all have the best airlines in the world, in my opinion. I went inside a Korea Air plane, and it was very swanky. It has to do with the fact that you have to be on a plane for 18 hours, and they have to make sure the flight is the best to make sure you come back.

Yep We had the best airport in the world for years as well.

Call me snobbish or posh, or a mixture, but I mostly take Singapore Airlines or Qatar. The economy class on SIA feels like first class for some airlines.

I flew on Tanzania Air before. It was pretty fun seeing the propeller plane miss a mountaintop by a few metres as we chugged through the clouds.
JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

So has anyone ever flown United before? Can anyone tell me how it stacks up against others you've flown?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

So has anyone ever flown United before? Can anyone tell me how it stacks up against others you've flown?

United? An American airline? I haven't mainly because I travel mostly in Asia.
j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

I was a northwest person, then I got on the no-fly list, I am really freaked out by unknown physical contact and I freaked on a guard for trying to give me a pat down. My left wrist bone is made of titanium, so metal detectors always go off, and the guy wouldn't take my medical exemption card* so he pat me down. I panicked, and almost gave him a concussion from the metal... No more Northwest, so now I drive. I have a drivers licence that works internationally.

*For both panic attacks, and the metal bone, it allows me to set of Metal detectors and not get pat down. I freak if I get pat down.

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

dont know never flone

11football11
11football11
1 posts
Nomad

are you scared of hights

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

first of all i rather take a boat/ car because well airplanes are boring and u can't really share a bathroom with 800 people

Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

first of all i rather take a boat/ car because well airplanes are boring and u can't really share a bathroom with 800 people

Woah, Good luck driving and boating to Moscow in time for your job meeting! You would have to leave several weeks early.
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

Woah, Good luck driving and boating to Moscow in time for your job meeting! You would have to leave several weeks early.
ha jokes on you i live in moscow:P
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

are boring and u can't really share a bathroom with 800 people

...What airplane carries 800 people... And there's usually 2 bathrooms on a plane at the very least, sometimes four depending on the size.

I've always flown United since my dad is a pilot for them and I've never had any problem with them. I don't know how they compare to others though.
Showing 1-13 of 13