ForumsThe TavernDo you have Luposlipaphobia?

31 9583
SilvrDrakon
SilvrDrakon
28 posts
Shepherd

Luposlipaphobia is the fear of being chased around a kitchen table by timber wolves on a newly waxed floor, while wearing woolen socks.

• 31 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Humans suck at everything.

not true. We kick *** at sucking at everything.
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

well if they suck they must be good at sucking so if there good than they dont suck so 1 thing humans dont suck at is sucking but then they dont suck at that so are they really that sucky then that makes the idea of us sucking sucking which makes us again sucky but then that destroys the idea of us sucking at sucking so there fore we suck at sucking at sucking or in other words we are bad at making us bad at bad

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

not true. We kick *** at sucking at everything.

good one, you might have fried aamer's brain by saying that.

Not to mention that you would be wearing woolen socks. That probably doesn't make it any better (for the human, that is).

on a newly waxed floor im not sure if the socks would hurt or help you... ill have to compare "running on a waxed floor with woolen socks while being chased by wolves" to "running on a waxed floor without woolen socks while being chased by wolves" by trying them out.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

on a newly waxed floor im not sure if the socks would hurt or help you... ill have to compare "running on a waxed floor with woolen socks while being chased by wolves" to "running on a waxed floor without woolen socks while being chased by wolves" by trying them out.

Sounds like a job for the MythBusters!
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Been looking at these comics for a few minutes and they're actually pretty funny.

But no, I don't have this..

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

on a newly waxed floor im not sure if the socks would hurt or help you...

Hurt. If you want to talk physics, you wouldn't have a very high coefficient of static friction, making it hard to accelerate. Your bare feet would be much better. The wolves, who would have coarse pads, would have a much higher coefficient of static friction and thus would be able to chase after you with ease regardless.

In all honesty, this wouldn't be an irrational "fear" although by definition a phobia is an irrational fear or extreme fear to the point of irrationallity.

Been looking at these comics for a few minutes and they're actually pretty funny.

My dad has a whole book of them somewhere...I'll have to go look for it.
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Nope, I do not. I wonder how many people (if any) actually have this phobia...

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

ok, lets all be honest here. We would be scared to death if we were being chased by timber wolves, especially if we are in a far side comic where the characters never end up in a good place.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

We would be scared to death if we were being chased by timber wolves, especially if we are in a far side comic where the characters never end up in a good place.

Aw, don't spoil it! And either way, I'm in no position to have this fear because my dining room is actually carpeted! HAHA! Take THAT!
Lathus
Lathus
115 posts
Nomad

Eat it, world! Carpet trumps all

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Luposlipaphobia is the fear of being chased around a kitchen table by timber wolves on a newly waxed floor, while wearing woolen socks.
Did you make that up? What are the odds of that? I would want that phobia because it would never be aggravated rather than a normal phobia...
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Did you make that up?

It is made up since it came from a Far Side comic. But for some reason, it made it's way into the phobia list.
Malachite
Malachite
12 posts
Nomad

Fortunately for me no I do not have this. Though however unfortunate being in that situation would be I think that you would be very afraid to be there at that time. So... Why don't we try out a few people and see if they have this phobia hmm? Not really putting them in this situation but maybe a survey?

What are the odds of that?

Hopefully zero.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I have never thought about it before, but I am actually scared of it happening. Tables can kill, you know.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Yes, I have.

This isn't an actual thing, it's a joke from a far side comic.

But it's correct to the Latin, so I think it is a real phobia.
Showing 16-30 of 31