ForumsThe TavernYoutubes next layout

9 2201
chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

It hasn't been released yet (at least I don't think...) but I'm using it right now and I actually like it.
If you want to try it out for yourself then read this
Anyone who tries it discuss it here, like it, hate it, whatever you think.

• 9 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Is it supposed to look like Facebook on YouTube? Because that's how it looks for me.

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

Everything looks like my activities and stuff, like it only shows my subscriptions and feedbacks. The only thing I see is other people videos in the right side. I don't think Youtube made much improvement in the homepage. The only thing I like is that you can instantly go to your subscription channel. I guess the only way to remove the new design is to go back where you typed it and remove it.

I'm going to keep it.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

It looks too cluttered and small in my opinion. The video pages don't seem to have changed much, though. I honestly prefer the current one over the new one.

From what I have heard this new layout is something that they have been working on for mostly just the homepage.
I would actually recommend checking out cosmic panda if you want a new video page layout.
Just go to developer on the bottom of the main page, testtube, then find cosmic panda and click on try it out.
Malachite
Malachite
12 posts
Nomad

I guess I am using it although I didn't have to hack anything to get it. Just randomly changed while I was watching a video trying to create a script from "The Grynch".
It really looks good in my opinion if I am using the right one. If I am using the right one then it doesn't really change the actually layout for videos but it does change the homepage dramatically.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

I despise it. It's way overdone, I like things nice and simple where I can find everything, now I can't find ****. It seems every website is making these annoying designs.

RUssian153
RUssian153
32 posts
Nomad

I don't mind. I mean it's not like we are paying for it.
I just wish they would lay of the ads a bit.

armort
armort
15 posts
Peasant

I would bet on it that there will even be more ads or kind of premium accounts without...

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Youtube's original layout was a lot simpler, and it was faster to get to new videos.

Showing 1-8 of 9