ForumsThe TavernBlack Friday

25 3247
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

So are any of you going shopping today since it's Black Friday? If so, what do you plan on getting? For those that don't know what this is read this.

I actually forgot about Black Friday and even if I knew about it beforehand I probably wouldn't go. I wouldn't enjoy waiting in long lines and being surrounded by hundreds of people. Twenty-fifty dollars off the original price isn't really worth it to me. I'd rather be at home enjoying some leftover Thanksgiving food and holiday films.

Some people even go to an extreme to set up camps outside stores the day before Black Friday so they can be one of the first people to get in and out.

But anyway, I'm going to go to a Walmart today (around two-three hours from now) to get a few video games and some other things. I hope the store isn't filled with a lot of people and long lines, I don't really want to wait half an hour for a few games, and I'd probably go back home and wait another day if it is.

• 25 Replies
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

my sister and mom went to black friday today. i'm glad i didn't go. but then again all the sales on games would have been cool. although i'm trying to save up money for other stuff. and i need to get my parents a gift. :P

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

You could just order your stuff online.

I would, but don't you need a credit card for that? I don't have one.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I would, but don't you need a credit card for that?

Probably. I didn't think of that. Do you need a credit card to put money into Paypal?
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

My parents wouldn't let me > But I forced my mom who did go to get me some mascara, hairspray, and mousse. I wanted to go to the mall and get some stuff, but THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN :I I think it would be fun to go out and earn some experiences from going out xD

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

overrated... stores have the best profit to turnover ratio on blk friday. lets get serious, its all a scam! :P

KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

y u white trash? y u no black pwnage?

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

I personally dont think its worth going to black friday. I mean, sure you can get great deals, but you might not even be able to run to the doorbuster's section fast enough to get somthing great.
At my local Best Buy, a guy sat in a tent since monday, waiting for black friday. He was first in Line, and always was, right up to the point where the doors opened. A bunch of people stormed in, practically trampling him, and the 50 inch plasma screen that he waited since Monday to buy was sold out by the time he got there.

cornholiobungholio
cornholiobungholio
122 posts
Nomad

I got a TV for black friday and when I got home the was a crack on the screen...and on the back a huge dent. So I continued as planned and hooked it up and then it buzzed with no picture. Luckily I had the warranty. I remember a time when the TVs made were indestructible in the right hands. Now people don't know how to handle 1 inch thick TVs.

Showing 16-23 of 25