how to make a turn base rpg game. Can anyone
help me on this

thanks

• 11 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Do you know how to make any game with flash (i.e. do you know how to program)? If not, lrn2program

Iridium7
Iridium7
1 posts
Nomad

If you already know how to do some basic programming, this shouldn't be too hard. The way I've always done turn-based stuff is by using a boolean to represent whose turn it is, and using if-statements to lock out incorrect moves. However, I'm not very experienced with ActionScript, so there might be a much better way to do it that I'm missing.

If you don't have much/any experience with ActionScript or a similar programming language, you might want to google a tutorial for this. There are many good resources available.

fuutonkin
fuutonkin
6 posts
Nomad

i already now the basic turn base combat just need to now how to make
backround and more attacks. then im stuck on the rpg part like character creation like picking hair and eyes and this will take too long more or less swords and sandles

oh p.s thank for replying

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

i already now the basic turn base combat just need to now how to make
backround and more attacks. then im stuck on the rpg part like character creation like picking hair and eyes and this will take too long more or less swords and sandles

So, your problem is more with the design?
fuutonkin
fuutonkin
6 posts
Nomad

more or less and action script, i've looked on the internet but nothing on wat i want

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

more or less

I would recommend outsourcing to other designers and which would leave you more time to code and develop the RPG. Just post a thread here and hope they flock by.
fuutonkin
fuutonkin
6 posts
Nomad

but do u know any one who makes game that are willing to give me a tutorial turn based rpg game

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

but do u know any one who makes game that are willing to give me a tutorial turn based rpg game

Unfortunately no, since I don't frequent this corner of the Forums.
fuutonkin
fuutonkin
6 posts
Nomad

oh ok thanks anyways

fuutonkin
fuutonkin
6 posts
Nomad

help! need a tutorial on turn based rpg plz help out here

Toychesty
Toychesty
1 posts
Nomad

Follow this tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nBmhviDFQ8
There are lots of parts. He also provides source files.

Showing 1-11 of 11