ForumsGame WalkthroughsRaze 2 Tips against enemy's

22 18427
Quinniedude
Quinniedude
7 posts
Nomad

Ok,There are lots of enemy's,so i'm only giving tips about the ones you should worry about.

Raze soldier: A soldier with the shield ability, you should not shoot at him while he uses his shield.
This will cause the bullets to bounce back and kill you.
Also, when someone shoots his shield stay away, the bullets might hit you.
At the last level of the alien campaign raze soldier has 500% hitpoints, hit him at critical spots!

Johnny rockit:
An enemy seen often with the rocket launcher called 'Ion Cannon'. This weapon sets you alight, adrenaline boost doesn't work.
Johnny himself has adrenaline boost, so make sure you kill him with something to burn that last hitpoint away.
(Btw, his katana ability is dangerous, best kill him from a distance!)

Md. Sage:
A soldier that heals himself, try to kill him in 1 shot if possible, otherwise he will heal and he will kill you.

Ex. Treem:
An enemy that likes explosives and fire weapons, best use the ability armor plating so that his burning weapons don't work on you. Also, watch out for his grenade, it might be dangerous. (Try to bounce it back!!!)

Alien commander:

They use their teleport ability, so make sure you have weapons that fire bullets that hit at once and that you do not see them travel towards the commanders, otherwise they will teleport away.
They have strong weapons (Acid Hound, Destroyer etc.)
So make sure you can avoid or bounce them back.

Thats it, i hope its useful!

(Btw: If you need tips about other enemy's leave a comment and i will send one back with tips about those!)

• 22 Replies
optimusinferior
optimusinferior
28 posts
Nomad

On a few of the levels, there will be robots or zombies. I believe they have combat armor and 150% HP, so the only way to kill them in one shot are critical shots.

Raze Soldier starts off with a default rocket launcher on the final level, so beware.
J. Rockit starts off with an assault rifle, so it's a good idea to get a stronger weapon before coming at him.
Ex. Treem starts with a flamethrower, which can be very annoying. The only time he doesn't use one is when he has his rocket launcher, which are seeking.
I think Md. Sage starts with a .50cal sniper, so make sure you have a strong weapon before he finds you.

The Alien Commanders start with bubble blasters. Their other weapons include the plasma uzi, precision beam, and holy grail, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on which campaign you're on.

None of the enemies seem to understand that bullets will bounce off a static shield; take advantage of this stupidity to make your enemies kill themselves.
Few enemies will avoid landmines, although it's possible for Johnny's katana to convert your mines to his. He doesn't do that often, though.

Hope this helps.

youcefadjiri11
youcefadjiri11
1 posts
Nomad

hey guys im just wondering could u list the best wepens for each catagory so all be the best all around charecter oh and abilitys plz

GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

Guys ! I ask you 1 thing : In custom game, can you figure out all the enemies' characters ? You'll watch and spend a little time to analyze them like this ?
Just think right and fight on the battle !
What will it be if you play Raze 2 in Multiplayer huh ?

Quinniedude
Quinniedude
7 posts
Nomad

I have inspected a few more enemy's,
let me show them:

All kinds of robots:

Ability: Land mines/Reflection shields

Robots like to use their ability often,
so most of the time 1 bullet will let them activate their
shield. Try to kill them at once,
Their shield won't work then.

Zombie: Zombies have thick armor and thats why they are hard to kill without the right equipment.

Zombies do NOT have any abilities.
The only special weapon they have is the vamp charger,
Make sure you stay out of its range!

Hope its useful!

optimusinferior
optimusinferior
28 posts
Nomad

Best Starter:Ripper
Best Sidearm:Magnum
Best Shotgun: Default Shotgun is strongest, but Terminator has good range and Plasma Shot shoots fast.
Best Automatic: None are much good, but Precision Beam has epic crits

Ill do the rest later.

optimusinferior
optimusinferior
28 posts
Nomad

Best Long Range: Holy Grail is strongest. Unfortunately, you cannot get critical shots with this gun, so if you have good aim the Pulsator and .50cal Sniper are best. The only exception is against J Rockit, who has adrenaline boost; Holy Grail will kill him in 1 due to its fire, while Pulsator and 50cal will 2-shot. Assuming no shields.
Best Heavy: Destroyer is most powerful and usually the best, but Shredder can be effectively spammed when you have rapid fire. Flamethrower is only good due to burning, and I've never even used the Focus Beam.
Best Rocket Launcher: Default Rocket Launcher is strongest per shot, but Ice Hunter is seeking, and Ion Cannon has fire. However, if you have the Credit Cannon, USE IT. It's pretty much an Ion Cannon on steroids; It never needs to reload and always has rapid fire.

Abilities: Static Sheild will help most on the final alien campaigns, as Raze's rockets will do no good for him then, he'll blow himself up. Cloak sometimes helps but is in general inferior. Landmines are useful and are required for the "Mine your step" bonus, but will not do significant damage to Zombie Raze. Grenade is usually inferior to the landmines as they are easily seen and dodged,and resupply is nearly pointless on high-level stages. Katana is actually pretty good(as demonstrated by Johnny Rockit) but is very difficult to use properly.

Hope this helps.

optimusinferior
optimusinferior
28 posts
Nomad

For Automatics, bubble blaster is actually pretty good. It's seeking and fast, unlike all the other seeking weapons, so you only need to shoot in the enemy's general area and most of the shots will hit him.

optimusinferior
optimusinferior
28 posts
Nomad

The Alien Commanders start with bubble blasters.

I meant plasma pistols.
DEATHLORD505
DEATHLORD505
2 posts
Peasant

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE THE HOLY GRAIL

JamesWB
JamesWB
60 posts
Nomad

Not always. There are times when there are multiple enemies surrounding you and the time taken to reload might mean death. Also if the enemy is shielded you have to switch to another weapon to finish him off.

But overall its the best when there is only a single enemy.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Not on bots, though. Rockets are best on robots.

mysteryguy90
mysteryguy90
23 posts
Nomad

Is the land mine ability the best?

optimusinferior
optimusinferior
28 posts
Nomad

Rockets are best on robots.

Rockets are best on everything.

Is the land mine ability the best?

Sometimes not. They're useful, but on the hard levels (like final level alien) you're usually best off with the Static Shield.
JamesWB
JamesWB
60 posts
Nomad

Landmines cause only a little damage so they are of not much use. Rockets are best used in open space, otherwise you are liable to blow yourself up by accident as well as at a distance. No use killing yourself as well.

dragon3235
dragon3235
14 posts
Nomad

@DEATHLORD505,the holy grail is good for picking off single enemies, not for a hoard of them

Showing 1-15 of 22