ForumsThe Tavernyour merits

35 5843
gamechamp777
gamechamp777
31 posts
Nomad

have you ever got a merit if so can you tell us some of what you typed to get the merit p.s i havent got one yet

• 35 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Though they will deny it, the way to get merits is to send gift baskets. Mods love chocolate gift baskets

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Though they will deny it, the way to get merits is to send gift baskets. Mods love chocolate gift baskets

And the odd bottle of Champagne. And a carrot for Strop.

I mean, it totally is impossible to get merits these days since the mods can't bother to prowl the games for merit-worthy comments.

Right?
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I have 6 merits from game reviews, 2 from the Arts Skill Competition and 1 from the Poetry Contest. I am really proud of my Poetry merit, because generally my poetry is just not good.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My three merits have all come from poetry. Two from the haiku contest, and 1 from the 10 day(ish) poetry contest. Although Mav, Fallen, and some of the other good poets didn't enter that round in the 10 day. I would be really happy if I managed a win in the contest with them entered.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

The only merit I received was one I set out thinking 'I'm going to try to get a merit.' I'm not saying anything else I commented was merit-worthy; I dislike hot gas.

Then came up with 'merits are given to those who try to get them' and had that up on my profile for like a year.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I have no merits, mostly because I'm not deserving of one and that I don't feel I need one. Merits are just rewards for what your supposed to do, you shouldn't be rewarded for that.

lol i had no idea thered be 24 posts after one day!!

Yeah, that really doesn't matter, does it? =P
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I got one after a comment on a game, and then another one for winning the poetry contest

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

i have 2...I got the first one for a comment on a rubix cube like game that i don't remember the exact name of, and I didn't even know i had the other one until now...yay?

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I myself have zero merits, but could one of you who do have merits post a link to the comment in which you got the merit?

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

There's the link. My comment is about 3/5 of the way down, and it's big bold lettering.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

^ Wait. . . I saw one mod say that merits were not easy to get and that they were thought out. How easy was it to get thatmerit?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Supposedly merits in '09 and before that were very easy to get and handed out very often.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Merits are just rewards for what your supposed to do, you shouldn't be rewarded for that.

If everyone on the site is just spamming the living **** out of games then giving out merits is a good way to encourage thought out comments (which is what you're supposed to do), but merits are given when someone goes above and beyond the norm anyways.

^ Wait. . . I saw one mod say that merits were not easy to get and that they were thought out. How easy was it to get thatmerit?

It was pretty good for a 12 year old...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

That was actually sarcasm Jeol. After getting 5 in a month I just feel disgruntled people complain when they don't even try.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Nor have I won any poetry contests yet to earn one. I have gotten second place a couple of times...

Same here. I used to enter the haiku contest often whenever they would have a new theme/round up, but my pathetically terrible poetry never got first. Once I got second, sometimes third, and most other times I got fourth or didn't place at all. But I didn't enter those in hopes of getting merits. I entered them because it gave me stuff to think about and share with everyone.
Showing 16-30 of 35