ForumsGame WalkthroughsNecronator 2 Pro Guide/Review

43 26099
ArchlordPie
ArchlordPie
150 posts
Jester

Credentials: I have every shield from the human campaign minus 3 from the premium-only level and every shield from the first two countries of the undead campaign, plus assorted shields from the third.

First, let's get the review out of the way...

Graphics: 9/10
They're solid. The cartoony look contrasts nicely with the part where you're killing people and stealing their souls. Base 10/10, -1 point because I was hoping for the 8-bit look Necronator 1 had and didn't get it.

Sounds/Music: 8/10
Decent. There's nothing wrong at all with the sounds, shouts, and music, although it's all ultimately forgettable. Base 7/10, +1 because the Spartan King's shout is epic.

Story: 4/10
Meh. This is one of those games where the story exists merely to give you a reason to go raze towns to the ground. It's nice to see different factions' takes on things, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the upcoming campaigns have to offer. Base 3/10, +1 because each faction does something different and it's just barely enough to make it not totally boring.

Gameplay: 1/10
Don't hurt me yet, this will be explained. The concept is fine for a RTS game. The units all have their own strengths and weaknesses, heroes each have their own niche, and the enemies are varied enough to keep things interesting. The problems come in the technicalities of the way the game appears to be programmed, which will be elaborated on in the guide portion of this post. Base 10/10, -9 because of stuff I'll go into detail about later.

Total score:
Graphics = 10 points (9/10)
Audio = 10 points (8/10)
Story = 10 points (4/10)
Gameplay = 70 points (7/70)
Total = 28/100 = 2.8

The guide will be in the next post.

• 43 Replies
Showing 61-60 of 43