ForumsThe TavernMilitary Topics

8 1914
WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

Created this form to talk about all topics involving the military. This can be any where from new weapons being used to policy changes in the military. Wanted to start off by asking what people think about the new plan to return the Marine Corps back to a seafaring force. The marines have fought a lot of battles on land and their really good at it. Is it better for the Marine Corps to decrease their force size and focus on sea operations more than land operations?

• 8 Replies
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Shouldnt this be under the World Event, Politcs, etc

kingofkings1
kingofkings1
21 posts
Nomad

I think the marines should stay as they are, they are amphibious military units, work on both land and water.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

i'm going back in time >_>

how do ya'll feel about the Macedonian conquering of Persia :P

kingofkings1
kingofkings1
21 posts
Nomad

Awesome, bring me back a whatchamacallit :3

WarGeneral
WarGeneral
64 posts
Nomad

I think the marines should stay as they are, they are amphibious military units, work on both land and water.
The Marines are amphibious but the new policy would focus a lot less on land battles. I wonder if it will be hard for some marines to switch to sea operations that have been fitting in the desert for the last 10 years.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

i'm going back in time >_>

A good thing. This caused for the Western Culture to stay alive after Alexander the Great died and his empire was divided. Alexander build a lot of libraries and cities where he kept books and art safe.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Hey, did you hear we're pulling troops out of Afghanistan?

Yeah, I guess Alexander wasn't so "great" after all!

Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
Dragongunner
Dragongunner
55 posts
Blacksmith

Shouldnt this be under the World Event, Politcs, etc

I guess you're right, because The Tavern is for: "All topics and conversation without a proper category welcome ".

And this have a proper category.
Showing 1-8 of 8