ForumsThe TavernWhat gets you into the spirit of chirstmas?

47 7722
kingofkings1
kingofkings1
21 posts
Nomad

What gets you in the holiday spirit?

• 47 Replies
kingofkings1
kingofkings1
21 posts
Nomad

For me, its sliding down a tall snowy hill all the way to the bottom on a sled, then going inside to drink a warm cup of hot chocolate.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

It doesn't snow where I live, so not much. I don't really do Christmas anyway, besides the gifts and a couple of parties. Bah Humbug!

kingofkings1
kingofkings1
21 posts
Nomad

wht do you mean by, dont do christmas?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

wht do you mean by, dont do christmas?

I don't really celebrate it. The tree, and all the decoration, I pass on that. Basically it's just another day where people hand out gifts for me. My mom doesn't do it for religous reasons, and I guess that rubbed off on me a bit.
kingofkings1
kingofkings1
21 posts
Nomad

thats a little sad really, trees and the decorations are wat its all about. Have you even tried doing it?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Not really. My dad puts up a tree at his house for the gifts but nothing fancy. I just don't care much for the holiday. Love the sales that come with it though. =P

kingofkings1
kingofkings1
21 posts
Nomad

ikr. But its the birth of jesus christ for gods sake (<---LoL) you shoul do SOMETHING. at least put a sock on a tree outside ur house

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Nothing get's me into the spirit of Christmas, we don't celebrate It so it's mostly my family giving gifts to people who do. Anyways, Hanukkah ftw

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

lol

birth of jesus christ for gods sake

Do you think atheists celebrate Christmas because of that? nope. And might want to research that. If you dig a little, you'll probably find that Christmas has nothing to do with jesus, besides the Christ in Christmas.
kingofkings1
kingofkings1
21 posts
Nomad

then those atheists can go to church (cuse they dont have any religion)

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well their religion is basically not to believe in any god. and so many things get me into the spirit of X-mas. snow mostly and then the music and decorations. but seriously? for the people that don't celebrate christmas? party poopers! (besides those of atheist affinities)

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

The only thing that can get me in Xmas spirit is so much snow that at least a week for the vacation the busses dont drive and I don't have to go to school.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

SNOW, of course. Snow, hot chocolate, and a tree.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

What really gets me into the spirit of Christmas is the MASSIVE trouble it always produces! Year after year! =D

Ever noticed people becoming quickly (at the speed of light) irritated, are in a constant state of absence (thinking about snowflakes and then end up walking into you), never have the time because they still have to buy those presents, then (as a result) become angry when that particular present they desperately wanted to buy is completely sold out and rant on about not getting that postcard from this-or-that person last year so they refuse to send him/her one this year and end up feeling ashamed when they DO get a card from that person this year and it's to late to send one back! LOL

THAT'S THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS FOR ME!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! HO-HO-HO!!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7152/6467998321_f0849115a2_z_d.jpg

[/RANT]

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I've never had much of a Christmas spirit. I act the same all year long. All because a holiday comes, I'm supposed to act different? No. Besides, Christmas songs annoy me and I dislike hearing them from Thanksgiving to early January.

Showing 1-15 of 47