ForumsSupport ForumBanning

7 1956
Magna101
Magna101
25 posts
Nomad

What exactly do you have to do in order to get banned?? (Just asking, so I don't do it)

• 7 Replies
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

lol
Hmm. . . Pretty much if you got banned, you got the mods on modrage.
I got banned two times; both times were for not following the rules.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Cursing a lot in your posts, impersonating a mod, being obnoxious in the forums (ex. major necroing and trolling), and spamming a lot. Or being invalid, but you seem safe of the last one.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

^ Errr. . .

And, if you didn't know, this is a general idea of what happens when you log-in to your AG account when it's on a temp(orary) ban: (I'm not complaining)

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/invalid777/Untitled.jpg

If your account is perma(nantely)-banned, then it will simply say "Your account has been banned."

Just go to the log-in box and type a banned user and hit enter, if you would like to see for yourself.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What exactly do you have to do in order to get banned?

By not abiding by the rules, you can find the rules in some stickied threads, here, and there are some stated in the Terms and Conditions you agreed to upon making your account. They'll probably warn you at first (depends on what you did and how severe it was), and if you keep it up then they'll ban you.
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

And, you could read that "This thread requires Class-A attention" if that's still the title.

Unless you have a bagful of modrage pills, then don't argue with mods that have a bad rep.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Maybe you could check this out and this to get an idea of the different rules and stuff.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Unless you have a bagful of modrage pills, then don't argue with mods that have a bad rep.

Who would that be, I wonder?

I really think you should hurry up and read the rules, and then follow them, seeing your general interaction pattern.

Anyway, a lot here seem to like to point out specific things you shouldn't do. The honest truth is that it is pretty darn stupid to not follow the rules and have the common sense to assume some things are off limit.
Impersonating a mod, for example? It confuses newbies that don't know who they should go to in the first place, and it is no fair that one person gets all the praise without having to deal with all the idiocy.
Trolling: Some placed might be lax about it, but truth is that unless you are doing it right, you shouldn't be doing it at all. It's stupid, and the mods will forever dislike and distrust you for making trouble.
If you are going to be obnoxious or swear a lot or argue with people, I recommend that you go see a therapist on those behaviour issues. Unless you are only doing it on the internet, in which case you should just throw out your computer and smartphone and whatever else you can access the internet on, because that is not how you act around other people.
So, common sense. Don't go do stuff you wouldn't do in real life. You wouldn't impersonate a police-officer, would you? Hopefully not. You wouldn't goat others into rage fits and violence, right? You wouldn't be a brat to your friends or to strangers you will have to interact with, I assume? And you wouldn't throw litter or make ugly graffiti tags around your city for "Street cred, yo"? Same goes for spamming. Make short posts to get points or just for because you don't care to make long explanations (like this one), get a banhammer to your face if you don't take the warning seriously.
We don't have community service here so you can feel like it is to remove spam, but we do have the ability to keep you from using the site until we assume you got the message, or we have cleaned up your mess.

Either way, this post is getting really long, the thread has been answered, and I don't think it is any good idea to let Invalid answer you question anyway, so I will lock this thread as answered.
Showing 1-7 of 7