ForumsThe TavernI'll Toast To That

18 3486
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Though this might be a little inappropriate for a more youth-based Forum, I'll like to know if any of you have drank before, what did you drink, how did you find it etc....etc....

I love my tipple. Period. Preferably an ice cold Tiger Beer after exercise or a hot day in the sun.

• 18 Replies
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

No, I'm underage. Well, as a child my dad would always give me a sip, and from what I remember, it tasted like crap. I have had a sip of wine before, and I didn't hate it, but it wasn't the greatest.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I am underaged, and I am against drinking alcohol, as it is bad for your liver.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I love most sweet wines (i had them for religious reasons mind you), i've had sips of beer before and hated it, and have also had a shot of some powerful scotch. It's hard to say how it tasted, it kind of just burns your mouth and leaves you with that feeling you get after having something minty.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

If I drink (which I can't I'm underage) I could possibly die due to Crohn's disease.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I am underaged, and I am against drinking alcohol, as it is bad for your liver.

Drinking red wine is good in appropriate doses. Like everything, excessive consumption of anything is bad.

Underage for you guys would be 18 right?
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

[quote=nichodemus]Underage for you guys would be 18 right?[/quote]
Yes, it would be 18, at least for me.

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

You have to be 21 to drink alcohol.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Drank beer before, didn't like it, I don't really remember the taste but it was kind of bitter. Drank some kind of vodka before, tasted like how nail polish smells. But I had a different brand and it was okay, it was called Grey Goose I believe. I've had wine several times at celebrations, like New Years, marriages, and the like, and it was okay, tasted decent.

In the United States yes, but you're not allowed to legally purchase alcoholic beverages until you're 21.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Last New Year's my parents allowed me to drink about two sips of Molson Canadian. I'm not saying I liked it, but it didn't taste that bad.

Yeah.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

In the United States yes, but you're not allowed to legally purchase alcoholic beverages until you're 21.

Wellll.....thank goodness it's just 18 here.

And oh, it does vary from state to state right? Not all states ban drinking in private settings outrightly.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

Well, here you have to be 16 for the weaker alcoholic stuff (I believe <15 %) and 18 for the stronger.
But I drink at least every week once and mostly beer.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I'll like to know if any of you have drank before, what did you drink, how did you find it etc....etc....

I've been offered wine/beer on New Years Eve by my Grandparents/Uncle/Parents ever since I was 16. I tasted it, grimaced, and that was that. I think it tastes horrible, so, yeah... I've had plenty of chances to drink if I wanted to, but I would rather eat an old shoe first (granted I had ketchup)
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I'm not pretty sure if I should say this, but I've been offered alcoholic drinks by my family since I was a little girl. Don't panic; it was always just a small sip to taste it. I don't remember if I liked it or not.
However, I don't usually drink too much, maybe a beer at weekends and some champagne at Christmas.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I've been drinking shandy (light light beer) since I was around 6, so not to worry. It was less than a few % alcohol, so it was divine with lemon.

Mirage1
Mirage1
202 posts
Nomad

Wellll.....thank goodness it's just 18 here.

And oh, it does vary from state to state right? Not all states ban drinking in private settings outrightly.

Erhm, I'm not 100% sure of this, but I'm pretty sure its a national ban. As for consuming alcohol, yes, a little bit. Mostly beer and wine, in small quantities. Didn't care for any of it. Then I had a Whiskey and Coke(not Rum) and it was quite amazing.
Showing 1-15 of 18