ForumsThe TavernWhat's the point of Gum?

22 3574
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

I mean seriously, why do people chew gum? I find it annoying that people always have to stick this cheap rubber into their mouths and chew on it for like three hours. Like, what kind of pleasure do you have in doing that? Doesn't it make it annoying that the teachers will always have to tell you to spit it out? And even worse: the teachers ban gum in school, yet people still are stupid enough to continue to chew it!?

• 22 Replies
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

Gum also helps suppress hunger and its good for your breath

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Strict it might be, but it's safer than most countries, if not any country in the world.

Statistically according to this list made in 2010, it's the 9th safest country in the world out of 196 countries, that's something for your country to be proud of

The safest country in the world is Cyprus, which is funny because I've never heard of it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

The safest country in the world is Cyprus, which is funny because I've never heard of it.

They were invaded not too long ago by the Turks, with a part of the island seceding. Apart from that, and it producing great wine, I don't really know much about it though.

I do wish that gum would one day be legal!
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

In your country perhaps instead of banning gum all together, if your caught on tape sticking gum around public transport areas or in public places in general ( I'm guessing that's why they got it banned ) you should just have to pay a ridiculously massive fine, then everyone would be to scared to leave there gum lying around and actually put it in the trash. Then gum would be fine

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

i enjoy to chew it because tastes good?
what else can i say? :3

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

In your country perhaps instead of banning gum all together, if your caught on tape sticking gum around public transport areas or in public places in general ( I'm guessing that's why they got it banned ) you should just have to pay a ridiculously massive fine, then everyone would be to scared to leave there gum lying around and actually put it in the trash. Then gum would be fine

Whilst that might work since we have say reduced the number of litter bugs by massive fines, it doesn't fully solve the problem. Given that huge numbers of our people take public transport (75% or more perhaps?) a jam in the doors of trains would be disastrous.

Medical related gum is fine though.
Showing 16-21 of 22