ForumsForum GamesArmor Gamer Championship

2862 453657
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

hi everyone, my name is pickpocket and i will be your host for the Armor Gamer Championship events. We will see a lot of excitement in this game. Here are the rules...

10 people can sign up at one time. all others must wait till the season ends to join. what will happen in this game is i will say a random game on AG. Once you know what the game is, you must go and play this game. once you play it, either take a screen shot, or simply post your high score on the leader boards. YOU CAN ONLY USE THE SCORE THAT YOU GOT THAT TIME. YOU CANNOT USE OTHER SCORES. you may replay the game and post higher scores. this will eliminate your lower score. keep replaying until you get the best score possible by the end of the week.

once 10 people are ready to play, the game will be announced. all players must go and play this game, or be disculalfied from the Championship. in the starting round, the people with the 4 LOWEST high scores are eliminated from the game. the remaning 6 will go onto the next weeks game. for the 2nd round, the 3 players with the worst scores are eliminated. this leaves 3 players on the third round. for this round, you must get the highest score of the three. the person with the highest score in the 3rd round wins the Championship! the winner is not alowed to play in the next season, but is alowed to give game recomendations to me for everyone to play. the winner can not play two season back to back, but can play after sitting out one round.

Who will be the ultimate Armor Gamer?

• 2,862 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

im not doing it again.
http://i.imgur.com/BD37mXi.png

Blizzard2000Kongg
Blizzard2000Kongg
49 posts
Peasant

Oh my god, that was a roller coaster. O_O I reached the gravity flip with 13 deaths (my aim is generally to be single digit deaths there). Then, having what was easily my best 6-10 ever, I reached the reversal at 20 deaths. I then proceeded to do absolutely horribly on 11-13, going up to 30 deaths... and then did 14 and 15 without dying once.
http://puu.sh/6TWQp.png

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

i cant do it.

the last level of 4/15 is so frustrating i feel like its entirely luck. 10/15 is definitely the hardest spot, while the moving blocks in 7/15 i believe are frustrating as well. i got to 5 with 6 deaths, i believe 10 with 25, then ended 32. but doing this again and knocking 3 off the total would be very hard at the least, so im not exerting myself to do it again unless pang makes an incredible comeback.

Blizzard2000Kongg
Blizzard2000Kongg
49 posts
Peasant

Yeah the last row of 4 is horribly stupid, can't do it consistently at all. It's apparently literally impossible to do level 4 without dying because of that row (though you can apparently get through with only 1 death.) The only reason 10/15 is really hard is because it's so easy to die twice in quick succession - I always run into the lower block right as I press space, which makes me go up to the top as soon as I respawn, and even when I can get back down, I'm too disconcerted to make the first jump. I think I found a consistent strat in 9, I hope, but I bet if I tried it again, I wouldn't be able to do it for at least 5 deaths. Good round so far, finals will be interesting, whoever ends up there.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

The only reason 10/15 is really hard is because it's so easy to die twice in quick succession - I always run into the lower block right as I press space, which makes me go up to the top as soon as I respawn, and even when I can get back down, I'm too disconcerted to make the first jump.

my problem exactly.

Yeah the last row of 4 is horribly stupid, can't do it consistently at all. It's apparently literally impossible to do level 4 without dying because of that row (though you can apparently get through with only 1 death.)

if it is only possible with 1 death, i havent done it. i got it in 3 when i got 32 though.

im thinking its me and you...because scores are due tonight. considering im bored (which im normally at school but because of a blizzard...) i will probably try for lower then 30.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

so...done...dont...come back...
http://i.imgur.com/FRQ1XBb.png

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Yeah probably will be you two. I've been busy last couple of days

Blizzard2000Kongg
Blizzard2000Kongg
49 posts
Peasant

Twice I reached the last set with 20 deaths, twice I failed to beat spike. Jesus ****ing christ, I can't trust myself with anything anymore. I usually get 4 or 5 deaths on that section maximum.

AND THEN
I DISCOVER
THAT MY IMAGE PROVIDER GAVE A CORRUPTED FILE, AND I CLOSED THE TAB
RGHRGHRGHGGRGHGHRGHR

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

emperor should be on anytime now, to announce our final showdown.

AND THEN
I DISCOVER
THAT MY IMAGE PROVIDER GAVE A CORRUPTED FILE, AND I CLOSED THE TAB
RGHRGHRGHGGRGHGHRGHR

gotta love it. which image provider do you use?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

emperor should be on anytime now, to announce our final showdown.

There's still 2hrs before it's official, but the final game is Pwong, any difficulty.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Now to make it official.

spikeabc - 28
Blizzard2000Kongg - 30
^ IN
V OUT
pangtongshu - 62
xXxDAPRO89xXx - X

The final showdown. Pwong, any difficulty. Highest score wins. Scores due by the end of Monday.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

1st try. looks pretty good to me.

http://i.imgur.com/aZlprxo.png

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

http://i.imgur.com/T0NmL9C.png

spikeabc