ForumsThe Tavernlaptop problem

13 2373
Kevalr
Kevalr
15 posts
Scribe

i just bought a toshiba sattelite l750-11w and every 10 min the dvd rom sounds weird (it is the same sound that the dvd rom emits when i start the laptop) what can i do to stop it?

• 13 Replies
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

It happens to me, too. It's fine as long as it isn't turning off your computer.

It's just working.

Kevalr
Kevalr
15 posts
Scribe

hae you tryied leaing the dvd tray open or leaving a cd/dvd insinde?... i did and in both cases the sound stopped... so it must be a software " problem" there is o program that makes the dvd rom check if it has anything inside... but which is the program???

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Kevlar, look on the bottom right of the screen on your tool bar. There will be a picture of a disc. Right click and make sure the acoustic silencer is turned on.

Kevalr
Kevalr
15 posts
Scribe

nope i don.t have such a thing

j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

It may just be the fan. My laptop does the same thing when it's fan goes on.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

It is not of concern. But I would've gone for a Macintosh.
Of course, if the sound is linked to a prime error/malfunction, set by the factory, you best get out of the room now. Imminent explosion, death, doom, yadi yadi yada

getanewhouse
getanewhouse
44 posts
Nomad

You should call Toshiba and have them send you a replacement while your warranty is still good.

Kevalr
Kevalr
15 posts
Scribe

ok i seen that some of you didn't understand.... the weird sound comes from the dvd rom 100% ...when you start your computer the dvd rom emits a sound the sound rezembels the fact that it is checking for a dvd/cd inside.... it;s the same sound it happens only when i don't have a vd/dvd inside... it.s not the fan ...is in the upper left corner while the sound comes from the upper right corner (dvd rom)... i m more than sure that this is a software seting that i can't find... becaus it is checking if there is a cd/dvd...

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

ok i seen that some of you didn't understand.... the weird sound comes from the dvd rom 100% ...when you start your computer the dvd rom emits a sound the sound rezembels the fact that it is checking for a dvd/cd inside.... it;s the same sound it happens only when i don't have a vd/dvd inside... it.s not the fan ...is in the upper left corner while the sound comes from the upper right corner (dvd rom)... i m more than sure that this is a software seting that i can't find... becaus it is checking if there is a cd/dvd...

English my child, please. I can't understand what you are trying to say here, so I can't help you. I don't think that it is just a particular software setting, perhaps check the driver for the DVD drive to make sure it's up to date? It doesn't sound like a major issue though, it could just be normal.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

nd... becaus it is checking if there is a cd/dvd...
he weird sound comes from the dvd rom 100% ...

I'm &quotretty" sure that you don't have your acoustic silencer on. I have a Toshiba Satellite 305A so it's probably similar, and my laptop makes that noise when I don't have it on. For me, to turn it off and on, on the toolbar there's a picture of a CD and if you right click it it gives you the option to turn it off/on.
Kevalr
Kevalr
15 posts
Scribe

@chang ...I'm not from a country in which the native language is english...but still anyone reading what i wrote understands what i'm trying to say ... you are the only one that can't understand... what does that mean? ))))))

@Kasic ...i've heard of that program but i don't have it

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Do you happen to have a disc in your DVD player? Sometimes it will run the disc every now and then if you leave it in there.

Kevalr
Kevalr
15 posts
Scribe

in an earlier post i said that you can only hear the sound when the dvd romn is empty

Showing 1-13 of 13