ForumsGamesSky Riders - Multiplayer alpha testing

36 10453
madpixelante
madpixelante
15 posts
Nomad

(the last thread seems to be bugged, so I'm moving the discussion here)

The alpha test for Sky Riders has begun!

If you posted in the previous thread or on my blog, you should have access already. If you're just joining us and want to try out a new platform racing multiplayer game (in a very rough and unfinished state), just reply here and I'll add your accounts to the whitelist.

I'll be online to meet up with people each day at:
11:00AM (PST)
4:00PM (PST)
7:00PM (PST)

Keep in mind it is very unfinished so there are a lot of major elements missing. Right now I'm interested in hearing:
- are they any crashes?
- can you log in and create a character?
- what framerates do you get?
- are you able to see other players?
- are you able to start and complete a race?

There will be some big updates over the holiday season, I'll try to put up new versions at least every week.

Feel free to discuss the game here and let me know about any bugs (and, of course, just general feedback).

• 36 Replies
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

ITS 7 MEAT UP TIME!!!!!!!

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

im using Chrome and i can do any thing just walk aroung the main screen ill swich to Explorer

madpixelante
madpixelante
15 posts
Nomad

I'm starting to get a grip on why the server is acting up so much, but it's going to take me a day or two to deal with. Sorry, it's not going to be very playable for the time being.

Welcome to alpha testing

AequitasBU
AequitasBU
112 posts
Nomad

Clicked on quick race, immediately went to a white screen and nothing happened.

kingzach
kingzach
22 posts
Jester

I would like to help with the testing. I run windows 7, Firefox 8 and/or comodo dragon (chromium 18 core). up to 30FPS. same FPS isue as scouse warrior.

madpixelante
madpixelante
15 posts
Nomad

Patch 0.2.0 is now live

- major rewrite of the lobby system to fix a number of crashes and endless loading screens
- fixed being able to walljump off certain surfaces that were meant to be blocked
- more users added to alpha whitelist

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

Whats the meeting up time for tonight? Also I have been testing on the verison on the first page I noticed the wall jumping patch and loging in everytime, but the full screen glitch still happens and Firefox is still unable to load the page (it still comes with error). Also both Daily Challenge races cause your game to freeze when you finish.

P.S Whats tonights meeting up time.

madpixelante
madpixelante
15 posts
Nomad

Same times.

PST 11am (few minutes from now), 4pm, 7pm
EST 2pm, 5pm, 10pm

The daily challenge system is unfinished, I'm working on that more today. I'll do some testing on Firefox later.

kingzach
kingzach
22 posts
Jester

am I white listed? I can't log in.

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

Pixel whats your E-Mail I have a picture of a Glitch I wish to send to you

madpixelante
madpixelante
15 posts
Nomad

My email is: evan@pixelante.com

kingzach you should be whitelisted, try refreshing.

kingzach
kingzach
22 posts
Jester

Had to clear the cache, login works now. Going to full screen mode cases a crash: Error #3694 (null).

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

@King
It's happening to everybody it's a bug that should be fixed shortly

kingzach
kingzach
22 posts
Jester

Thought so, just thought I'd confirm.
After running daily challenge 1, it freezes up just before the finish line (Dragon and Firefox). Both challenges are identical, freeze and all. I can log in and make a guy though, so it's not all bad.

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

@King, I have told him about this, but nice to see somebody else on the ball, try hunting for glitches in the daily challenge map as it is the same as the online map I've found a few like barrier glitches and getting outside the map glitches, but I have e-mailed pixel about it so should be fixed next patch. But try to find some that I may have missed

Showing 16-30 of 36