Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Sonny 2 Biological Legend Run Walkthrough

Posted Dec 27, '11 at 7:26am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

Nozo, the Corrupter has basically no chance of ever becoming her true form, even if she does, you can still use the combo and kill her. Every time I have played her, the orbs haven't healed her either, because I just used the full combo on her. That killed her off every time.

One time I actually did try to kill all three enemies, and I actually did, even with her in true form. I used the combo on the perfect orb and put Felicity and Vera on aggressive so they might attack the bad orb. I think that I had the corrupter Crystallized then too like in the Twin Guardians when I actually killed the orb, maybe using the same strategy. After I killed that orb, I used leading Strike to regain focus, and stun-locked her again so I could get Predator Form which would give me focus regeneration. Once I got it, and when she had just been Crystallized, I would use Corrosion, Predator Form, Crystallize, then the rest of the combo. I'm pretty sure that did kill her, as Felicity and Veradux attacked her a little before they attacked the orb too.

But yeah you don't even need to kill the orbs, and can't if you kill the Corrupter first.

Posted Dec 29, '11 at 6:57am

42maelstrom

42maelstrom

125 posts

Thats a bit overachieving there. Anyway, when I did my own Bio run I used poison abilities instead of Reform and Evolution. I think your way might be better, though, because as you said above my abilities hit for only about 150, then with Toxicant Form about 300. Also, the only poison abilities that I could really get were anesthetic, corrosion, and envenom, until I had to get Crystallize in Zone 5. For the bomb I just used envenom and sample blood a lot, and didn't get the achievement.

Posted Dec 30, '11 at 6:49am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

Hmmm, also, there always seems to be that final question: which class is the best?

I've done both Psycho and Hydro legend runs as well. I did a psycho shadow build and I have to say it wasn't very good. I had to waste a lot of my turns free-willing or terrifying just to make sure I don't lose health every turn. I would say that psycho shocker is better, but I still think that Psycho is the worst class out of the three, due to its mediocreness in the first zones and its toughness in the last zones.

Hydro I would put at the I would put there at the second-best class, just behind Bio. It is really amazing in the first zones, nevertheless, once you get to Zones 6 and 7, Cold Hydro is way worse than Psycho or Bio, due to damage output. Hot hydro is not even worth it either, with no defense or tactical abilities available to use.

The reasons that I think Bio is the best class is:

A, Speed Bio Dominates Zones 6 and 7

B, It has Crystallize as a great tactical move, and unlike shock coma for Psycho, you can Crystallize someone regardless of health left.

C, It is over-average in the first Zones, which makes it ultimately beat out Hytdro, though I do admit that Hydro is stronger in that category

D, There are a lot better Strength items than Instinct items giving you higher damage with items like Emerald Death, Annihilation, and the Unholy Runeblade. The best Instinct weapons are worse in stats, and are Shandor's Darkstaff, Poseidon's Fury, and Law Binder, which you can't really use until level 21 anyway. There's also WOTC but you can't even use it until zone 6, where there are weapons almost equal or even better than that.

Posted Dec 30, '11 at 8:09am

some_body

some_body

28 posts

hydros are best only when you blend the 2 styles
it isn't necessary that you have to affiliate yourself with one fighting style

Posted Dec 30, '11 at 8:23am

nozo_ito

nozo_ito

274 posts

I actually got the doomsday achievement at level 26, using nothing but leading strike and agile explosure (pure speed with all STR items). Still I had to train to get that achievement (I actually tried a few times at lower levels to see the minimum level I need to get that achievement). I think speed bio can complete all the zones and kill the corruptor without training once at all. Even on the bomb I made it first time without training, but no achievement so I restarted and trained. Beat the corruptor at level 28 this way.

The final skills of a bio are so ridiculous, character stats are out of the picture in later battles. You will eventually kill them without much trouble, low stats just makes the battle longer, although speed can't be low or you would miss too much. Against many bosses missing a break can be lethal or set you back for a lot of turns.

Posted Dec 30, '11 at 9:56am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

Very true, however, how did you beat the bomb with just that? I guess that because agile exposure never misses, it's easier to inflict more with your teammates as well, but even they aren't very trained either, and you still got the achievement. So you went strength just for fun then?

Posted Dec 30, '11 at 1:38pm

nozo_ito

nozo_ito

274 posts

When the bomb appears (no training) Felicity was already level 25 that can use the almighty Platinum Baton (Sonny and Veradux can't). Sonny still have to use the Emerald Death. In fact, felicity makes much higher damage because of the debuffs my agile exposure gives. My speed is highest in the party so there can be 2 debuffs stacked when the teamates strikes. No waste of time to charge up and hit it right away, and use leading strike to restore focus. Predator form is a waste of time as the basic attack makes great damage as a debuff is still active, and it can restore focus to max again.

When I made the achievement, my damage was about 2800, and 3400 critical with one debuff active, felicity makes 4500+ critical with two debuffs active. Even Veradux made 2000 damage on melee and over 3400 if he shoots.

Just put every point into speed. Strength is easily and massively granted by items. Still, str-vit build is required for the early stages where items are scarce. Once you can use a weapon that has over +150 str, you can re-spec to speed already. If you find your HP too low, just switch/shop some items with +vit. It works because it is easy to find items that +str and +vit. Speed gear stats are too low and generally not worth it.

Posted Dec 31, '11 at 8:20am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

That's a cool build, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using that!

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 11:59am

inflict

inflict

385 posts

i used to do somthing like that.

Posted Jan 1, '12 at 1:38pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

Are you talking about Nozo's build or mine from my guide?

Reply to Sonny 2 Biological Legend Run Walkthrough

You must be logged in to post a reply!