ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAlexis' Assorted Artwork

324 124251
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Hi! This is Alexis again. As many of you AGers know, I have a writing thread called Alexis' Assorted Writings.

Well, now I have one for my doodles/ paintings/ anything else I somehow make that somehow qualifies as being art!

Here's my first one:

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/alexistigerspice/Snapshot_20111226_1.jpg
Hopefully it will work. Its well known that I suck at posting images.

• 324 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Thought I'd explore the art place more and I have to say your art is just straight up awesome.

And is that tarantula real? The picture quality makes it look fake.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Yes it is real, I can make a video of it crawling all over my arm if you want me to prove it. She is a Chilean rose hair tarantula. I used my webcam, so I know the quality sucks. Thank you for the compliment, I try to make my art expressive and clean.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I used my webcam, so I know the quality sucks.

I don't think it's the quality. It looks like it's the translucent hairs scattering the light.
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

Love it, I could def see you as a tattoo artist, great work

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Thank you, I would like to get license to tattoo someday I will probably post another picture, a close up of Kae later. I think Emperor Palpatine was right, it must be the light. She looks kinda weird in that photo.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Fun fact: Kae means triumphant in Chinese.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I'm having a hard time deciding if I like the pencil drawings or the pastels better. Both types seem to be just sheer awesomeness from you. I especially like the portraits you've drawn of people, especially the ones of yourself. The detail in them is just awesome. I really like the contrast on the "two face" picture a couple pages back. I also really love the pastels of the animals, bird being my favorite that I recall.

I hope you're still actively making art this great and get a chance to post more soon

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/Alexispiceytiger/102_1536_zps0cd9d3a7.jpg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/Alexispiceytiger/102_1547_zps85cd6c44.jpg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x385/Alexispiceytiger/102_1556_zpsc0d29b05.jpg

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The eye is really cool. I think I like the last one the best.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The scary surprise you get when you click last post... Awesome drawings though.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

What is so scary about it? o.o
The eye was just me playing around with watercolors, I don't paint often and it isn't a medium I am very comfortable with yet.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I guess it's the left side of the picture (her right). The shading is too... idk... contrasted? It looks like there's scar lines from reconstructive surgery or something. And the area around the maxilla makes it look like she's wearing a mask (like this) because the nose lacks definition/depth. It seems flat or sunken and merged. Her right jaw appears slightly rounder and lower than her left. The hair on her left appears to flow much more than the hair on her right.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I meant to say that about the time you posted the eye. But never had the time to say it.
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I'm not even finished with the woman yet, so its definitely not perfect. I just wanted to post some updates on the stuff have been working on.

Showing 76-90 of 324