ForumsThe Tavern[req, resolved] Count to 100 thread

13 2918
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Oh poor count to 100 thread getting locked. Say can I create a new count to 100 thread in the forum games section without getting some sort of repercussion? or is it locked for a very serious reason and there is absolutely no way the same thread can be made.

• 13 Replies
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

100 is a rather small number, and it can cause spam...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It was locked for reasons that culminated in being very serious, to be a bit more specific. You could say that the critical mass for general participant non-compliance was reached. And then when the mods intervened (I wasn't one of them, I was away when it happened), they were harassed.

I would add that now is probably not a very good time to recreate the thread either, as we are stretched more than usual, which may be associated with lower tolerance and maybe relatively harsher penalties. If the banners are true, AG3's about to be officially released so I daresay wait till the dust settles from that first before repeating the request.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

which may be associated with lower tolerance and maybe relatively harsher penalties.

It's funny. My initial reaction to the title was "I am going to KILL someone!".

Also, considering "Don't make counting threads!!" has been added to the forum specific rules, I believe you should assume it was locked for a good reason, just like any other thread with that theme, ad that one thread complaining about the thread being locked.
I believe the "You guys had the chance, but you blew it and you are no longer allowed to have this" saying is fitting.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Yes. And yes again.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Guys, you can blame people like Pazx, who just didn't know when to stop and pushged it too far.

Perhaps my efforts to wrap the game up (CountingTime) created the conditions which allowed for the thread to collapse in such an awful manner. Or probably just a few people being dodos.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Hmm...note to self, misleading titles that suggest spam within attract mods...

Anyway.

I don't understand the reasoning for the word limit in the forum games section. No AP is gained from them and you don't have to access a thread if you don't want to, so who cares what the game entails so long as it's appropriate and not a duplicate? If people want to post
and so on, why not let them?

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The only thing I'd have to say, is that is could possibly set a precedent for laziness and spammy behavior..

But really, I wouldn't want to see an entire page of just numbers.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

The only thing I'd have to say, is that is could possibly set a precedent for laziness and spammy behavior..

Possibly. I suppose it's too much to ask of the common teenage internet user to have common sense.

But really, I wouldn't want to see an entire page of just numbers.

You wouldn't have to go to that thread you know.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

You wouldn't have to go to that thread you know.

Yeah, but I liked Count to 100 because we could run a concurrent conversation. Some people just took it too far.
Fs97
Fs97
93 posts
Nomad

50, 100. There. It would just be an excuse for free armor points and spam, plus, it would have those less-then-7-words posts. A lot of them, too.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

not unless you do about 10 numbers

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

excuse for free armor points

Forum Games Section doesn't offer AP I think, or have I been gone that long?

Anyway thanks for clearing that up. I had a speculation it cultivated to spam, but not harassment. I could just imagine the rest.

Now better lock this one up before it leads to spam too. Or not.
Showing 1-13 of 13