ForumsThe TavernWizards good, netruel, evil?

28 3804
SirGene
SirGene
30 posts
Nomad

if you wanted to be a wizard what would you follow, Good= healing, netruel= wide range, evil=necromancy

• 28 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Cenere?

Yes Cenere. He was a wizard in an AG based story I wrote.

What are the Istari?

Gandalf and Saruman are Istari.

The Wizards of Middle-earth are a group of beings outwardly resembling Men but possessing much greater physical and mental power. They are also called the Istari (Quenya for 'Wise Ones' by the Elves. The Sindarin word is Ithryn (sing. Ithron). They were sent by the Valar to help and assist the peoples of Middle-earth to contest Sauron.

The wizards were Maiar, spirits of the same order as the Valar, but lesser in power.

Doubt you can understand much of that though.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Doubt you can understand much of that though.

The only part I don't know the context is this.

The Sindarin word is Ithryn (sing. Ithron). They were sent by the Valar

Yes Cenere. He was a wizard in an AG based story I wrote.

Can you link it?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Can you link it?

They were separate points?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i m guessing wide range means the elements maybe? in that case id be neutral. i idsagree that abilities have anything to do with good/evil. id like to help people but id like to keep my powers to my own. and the elements spells seem really helpful.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

i think that most of the wizards are good and eveil together

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Wizards good, netruel, evil?

good and bad doesnt exist if you talk about magic, it depends what you do with it, as like Cenere said it.

if you cut of an entire leg you have to burn the flesh to stop the blood so you dont bleed out. if a heling wizard would do this with a fire ball, would it be still good? and beside this, a healing wizard can blind someone or can torture someone and heal the wounds to continue with the torture.

necromancy is not only about reanimating the dead. you can curse someone or use voodoo in a good or bad way.

i would chose neutral because then i could be a balanced mix off good and evil.

Thuran
Thuran
71 posts
Peasant

Well...What if you were none of those? All competent wizards have at least some control over at least one element? Heck, if i had to pick, id have steel knuckles, flaming wings & sword, and the ability to breathe underwater.

P.S: the wings are retractable.
P.P.S:the Steel is UNDER THE SKIN.

~Thuran

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Well, neither.

There are good wizards and bad wizards, and neutral ones I guess.
They can't all fall under one category.
SirGene
SirGene
30 posts
Nomad

when i posted this i mean the very basics of the wizardy community, and also necromancy isn't evil i know it's just the main school of magic for evil wizards most places, and most of what i meant was things relating to the dragon lance chronicles. although i agree all should be taught how to protect themsevles and others from other magic wielders, or bandits, and wizards need to take breaks between using advanced spells or lots of them.

SirGene
SirGene
30 posts
Nomad

i also meant the way they use there powers but healing a dragon doesn't count if the dragon serves the evil gods/goddess and it's trying to destroy a city.

Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

I would be Evil! love being evil. Id summon everything i wanted to!

pepyboy2
pepyboy2
39 posts
Nomad

depends on how the use there powers so the could be good, bad, or maybe neutral.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

If I was one, I would be good AND evil. Well, if killing bad guys make you good that is. I would probably use magic to steal crap too and mess with unsuspecting people. If it were modern day wizardry.
Showing 16-28 of 28