ForumsThe TavernHow'd I end up at this?

6 1365
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Have you ever had one of those moments when you wonder how you ended up doing something for someone, or just some random activity? What about when a conversation is about something decidedly random and you can't remember what led it there?

I remember a time when I was talking with my friends on the way home from school about how artificial gravity would fail and we ended on how kirby can eat anything. No idea how gravity failure -> ? -> kirby, but hey, it was funny when we realized it.

• 6 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I always do that with most of my mates. I just can't think up of any proper examples because they are so numerous and utterly random that my brain chucks them away. It's kind of funny when I think about it.

ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

Yeah used to happen to me and a group of friends all the time. That's my way of telling if they're good ones :P

sugarbean
sugarbean
81 posts
Nomad

its hard not to do that

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

All the time! Kind of funny when I think about it actually. Sometimes I manage to trace back the path and it FREAKING SEEMS AS A WIKI!

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The only time i could think of off hand was winter vacation last year. My family and I were skiing in Colorado (or maybe Utah, i don't remember) when we found out our flight was canceled due to bad weather. I can't remember the reason why we couldn't buy tickets to the next closest flight, but we had to end our trip a day or two early so we can fly out to Florida (where my grandfather lives), spend a day there, then fly home to NY. So basically we started the day dressed to go skiing, and ended the day lying on the beach.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

My sister changes the topic of conversation frequently by sounding like it's still on topic. It won't even be an obscure tangent, just something completely different. For example, I was in the car with her and my mom. We were talking about the movie The Great Escape for whatever reason. My sister says something about 3 men in a hole, digging in the dirt. She was no longer talking about the movie; she was talking about some utility workers near the road.

Showing 1-6 of 6