154 posts
Nomad

Your opinion on Chuck Norris.

• 9 Replies
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

Martial artist with unique talent of having an extra fist hidden behind that beard.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

You can't have an opinion on Chuck Norris.

Everybody is required to worship him.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Hmm well honestly, I don't know exactly how he became so awesome. One day I never heard of him, the next he is every where.
Also, I saw him on a tv commercial recently for a video game. I can't remeber what it was though....

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

Chuck was a former Karate champion in the '60s before starting a career in film, then television. First time I saw him was in a Bruce Lee film, then later on TV as Walker: Texas Ranger.

Admittedly he was a really good martial artist, but I think he was much better at that than acting.

exitpathuser
exitpathuser
154 posts
Nomad

He is definitely better at acting but he is good at martial arts.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

An over-rated person who has... I'll say "different" political and religious views than I, whom obtained a sadistically huge ego at some point of his career (where he can stares a bear down in something he himself had a big part in making, as opposed to merely acting if I remember right), at which point I lost any form of respect for him... not that I knew him previously.

Bruce Lee beat him in the movie and in real combat if I remember correctly. That, and he has actual facts that are pretty astonishing.
For example -- and for the moment yes, I'm hijacking this forum (this is basically a copy+paste from Wikipedia, check that, and the sources if you feel this is wrong):

Lee's speed in terms of punching from a distance of three feet with his hands down by his side was determined to be around 0.05 second; it was 0.08 second from five feet.

Lee could take in one arm a 75 lb barbell from a standing position with the barbell held flush against his chest and slowly stick his arms out locking them, holding the barbell there for several seconds.

In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.

Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger.

Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.

Lee could cause a 300-lb (136.08 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.

Lee held an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.

Err.. that, and I think Chuck Norris' ego went even further with his "10 rules" thing... really?
People developing "fundamentals" with arbitrary numbers doesn't make sense. Heck -- why not just take his No.1? "I will always try and improve myself on all aspects?"

Sorry for ripping into him -- but stuff like this isn't brought up enough, I feel.

- H

exitpathuser
exitpathuser
154 posts
Nomad

His martial arts is a tiny bit overated but he is a good actor.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Also, I saw him on a tv commercial recently for a video game. I can't remeber what it was though....

WoW.

Bruce Lee beat him in the movie and in real combat if I remember correctly.

They never sparred for real, only acting.
R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

First time I saw him was when I began watching Walker, Texas Ranger with my dad a few years back, I enjoyed it I guess.

Now he gets, hmm.. Killed out.

Blah@Chuck *waits to be roundhous'd*

I also heard from someone he's been labelled the 'hardest man on earth' at somepoint? Probably lies.

Showing 1-9 of 9