ForumsThe TavernNew Years Resolutions!

15 2299
notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

So how did everyone do with their resolutions from last year? What do you have planned for this upcoming year?

• 15 Replies
invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

Horrible. My New Year's resolution last year was to keep them. I don't think I did too well on that.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

To be nice to people, get straight A's, donate to charities, read a book a day, eat healthy, help the environment and learn to teleport.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

Smoke more cigarettes, and not just in a small way, but increase my daily intake to a level where I can only just afford to purchase cigarettes whilst still affording food.

Well.. most people use New Year to quit smoking. And that's mostly words, so I figured I'd do the opposite this year.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I made the resolution last year to not make any New Years resolutions this year.

So far so good. Unless I accidentally make one in the next eight hours, it will be the first New Years resolution I've ever kept.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

My New Year's resolution is to try not to screw up my relationship with this girl that I am currently dating...

Wish me luck!

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I made the resolution last year to not make any New Years resolutions this year.

I never make any. People will usually break them right away. I had one once where I said I would work out every day. I failed on January 1.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

To try to do well in my upcoming AS exam and if I do bad to find a job

Not being optimistic but being realistic.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Other than keeping the new years resolutions I make, probably to work harder, be a better person in general.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

To get a moab on mw3, work on my tennis game, don't die in December and a few others.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Smoke more cigarettes, and not just in a small way, but increase my daily intake to a level where I can only just afford to purchase cigarettes whilst still affording food.

Surely you have enough for me to bum off of you? :3

Mine will be something simple: Don't be such a **** up. Get good grades, not be a loser, and quit being so depressed. Oh how this is going to fail.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Mine will be something simple: Don't be such a **** up. Get good grades, not be a loser, and quit being so depressed. Oh how this is going to fail.
And give up smoking.

I have never failed to keep a new years resolution. This year, I've decided to become a stronger and wiser person. I will to make significant gains in the journey of self-discovery. I will write something worth reading, and I'll read some good things.

Second clause: I'm a good fighter, but recently I realized why it matters that I'm good. To that end, I learned I need to become even better. Trust me, I thought about this one, and I really need to. Simple as that, I need to be able to take on almost anyone. So I'm going to get a lot better. But mostly the inner strength thing.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I've got just a few easy ones so it is easier to not fail.
1 shower on 1-1-12
2 keep my girlfriend
3 look mad at my uncle
4 learn my dog to catch
5 learn to walk like a normal person again (one of the harder ones)

sirstarfish
sirstarfish
2 posts
Peasant

i resolved to do two things
1. do something nice every day
2. don't forget the first thing.

SoccerGirl27
SoccerGirl27
138 posts
Nomad

My new years resolution was to smile at least once a day for five minutes. Shouldn't be too hard....

Showing 1-14 of 15