ForumsWEPRYour thoughts on end of world 2012?

214 51088
CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

Me. I think its fake. The mayans could have been killed off by their enemy or something. And some random guy comes up to and starts spreadint the "End of the world" Making millions of ppl freak out.

We will only know when the time comes. Until then enjoy your life.
  • 214 Replies
joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

I did a report on Aztec and Maya (yes the plural for Maya is Maya, not Mayans) culture and religion. December 21 2012 is simply the end of their "Long Count Calendar." In fact, they specifically said it was to be a new beginning, like when the San Francisco 49'ers got Jim Harbaugh at the beginning of the season, not the end of the world!

joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

nasa has anounced that in 2013 there will be massive solar flares. wich already get misunderstood by people that write articels like this.

As an Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Physics wis/nerd, I'm very, very disappointed that some ignorant people think that this (since just like the 2012 story) is a fake. The two things from space we should be worrying about are one near earth asteroid with an orbit that will bring it very close to Earth. When it does this, it may hit us, it may not. The other thing is the 2013 Solar Maximum (the technical term for whats going to happen). Basically the abnormally huge solar flares may damage our ozone layer enough that harmful radiation could seep through and possibly wipeout life on earth...

DUNDUNDAAHHHH!!!!!
Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

one near earth asteroid with an orbit that will bring it very close to Earth

Realistically though if they've worked out the paths correctly, asteroids will pass close to Earth, but they're unlikely to hit us. The closest is going to be Apophis which is due to arrive in what, 20 or 30 years time? If 20 odd thousand miles is close, I don't think we have a lot to worry about on that score.

We've just had a load of large solar flares hit Earth though haven't we? The ones that disrupted communication networks for 3 days.
joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

ya but these are going to be like 2x the size, and they will have the power to not just disrupt communication, but fry the power grid.

plus if the asteroid does hit, we would not be sitting here typing away about 2012

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

well, the world will end up a day
but not necessarily in the end of 2012

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Some scientists say they made a mistake. They say that the world WILL NOT end in 2012. BUT I believe the world will end in 50 years. But millions of people may disappear in 2012. That is called the rapture.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

But millions of people may disappear in 2012. That is called the rapture.

Yes, because Harold Camping's predictions have worked out so well that he's now retired. Only after causing thousands of gullible people lost their belongings after believing is lies about the Rapture.
Elmis66
Elmis66
6 posts
Nomad

It would be really awesome to know, when everything ends, but tell me one thing: How can anybody know such thing? Try to tell exact date of anything, using any method you want (cards, astrology, whatever).

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I really just hope nothing serious happens on December 20, 2012. I would hope that the human race (and I mostly mean America...2012 isn't really apart of anywhere else's culture now, is it?) is beyond truly believing that such a prediction could possibly be true.

Sugarmanx10
Sugarmanx10
6 posts
Jester

Anyone remember that Y2K garbage ? The world won't end in 2012. The only thing we'll have is a lot of people being paranoid about things that probably won't even happen at that time.

Yes, the weather has been chaotic, but not to the point of splitting the earth in two.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

there were so much prophecys of the end of the world in the past and the world is still there! but if they yell out every year that the world will end and it happens they will say "we told you", forgetting the many false prophecys.

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

you would have to be idiot to believe in this doomsday drivel, there's one every few years, just like the Y2K problem before the milleneum. There's always some fanatic with too much of a big head making this up.

Reiki000
Reiki000
232 posts
Nomad

1666, 1844, 1910, 1970, 1982, 1990, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2011 and 2012. All of them just BS. None of them happend, and non of them shall happen. Doomsday will happen, but when? Nobody knows, and nobody will know.

Greetings

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

2012 is the most known and believed date and some of the stuff they say could happen especially the ones with space you can't disprove so we don't know

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

especially the ones with space you can't disprove so we don't know

if a object from space will hit us then we already would have seen it coming. those things do not just come out of the blue.
if i remember right then around 2020 a object from space will come very close to the earth that we will be able to see whit just the eye.
but we are just outside the danger zone from that 1.

1666, 1844, 1910, 1970, 1982, 1990, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2011 and 2012. All of them just BS

and 200+ more of wich we know of
Showing 31-45 of 214