ForumsThe TavernScams

9 1793
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I just got a call. The caller ID said "Phone Scam". I didn't pick it up. Apparently they say they can lower your credit card rates and ask for the card security code on the back of your card for verification, so they can steal your identity.

Has anyone been scammed or almost scammed (not necessarily by this one)?

• 9 Replies
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

I did get scammed in Runescape I was a cheap level 111 in members world and this guy said he'd give me a level 134 for 20 mil and I gave him most of my stuff since my bank was worth probably 25mil and well it seemed so real but afterwards when I noticed what happened I decided to quit instead of report him, I knew JAGEX wouldn't do ****.

TinyAnt
TinyAnt
70 posts
Nomad

The one thing i learned from playing runescape a few years back is that you should never trust somebody offering you pixelated crap for pixelated money...

ANYway, i was once scammed out of my phone number. A perfectly legitimate website had said to give them my phone number to be entered into a contest. I did. The next few weeks i recieved spam texts non-stop.

I was only like, 12 though. So... Yeah.
Forgot to mention... it was my sister's phone... lol...

SloanerBoner
SloanerBoner
48 posts
Nomad

My dad ordered up a new hockey stick for me. After like a month they (after paying the money) they told us it was out of stock, they offered to give us a discount off something else, but we both agreed not to, and he had to fight for his money back.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

This is a relatively small one, but one time I had these coupons for a free doughnut and I went to get some. The person there said that the coupons were "expired" even though there was no expiration date on the coupon. Hmmph!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I got scammed over the xbox, more of a hack, but scammed into adding someone who cleared my bank account. Bad times.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Well, I got scammed. I don't know if you guys know Maple Story. I was selling an item worth 50 million. I didn't know that time, so I expected people to offer how much this was worth. The guy who wanted to buy offered 15 million instead of 50. So, I traded and found out. That was when I was 13. Now, I'm 14. Over it, totally. Because I'm not playing it anymore.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

nice one Tiny Ant. once for me, a tab opened saying i could get a gift card. I opened it, and it said to give an adress, so i quit out.

Jake297
Jake297
306 posts
Shepherd

Forgot to mention... it was my sister's phone... lol...

Nice... Could you give me that website? Finally... Payback at my girl cousin... MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (much more evil laughing). Just kidding, really. That would be a funny prank to pull, though.
Thomas666666
Thomas666666
9 posts
Nomad

I know Maple Story Rapyion! I haven't got scammed yet but I'll be on the lookout for them.

Showing 1-9 of 9