ForumsThe TavernPlaying 'Games'

10 1762
Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

How old do you think you will be when you just stop playing video games, computer games etc. (It's all right if 40 yearss from now you'll be telling your grand kids as they play indestructo tank "Hey, I used to be a whiz at that", its just when you go 'get a life', lol (not literally). i think probably when im 15.

• 10 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

If never is a choice I choose that, when I have grand kids we'll be playing like Halo 30 and I'll just yell "yeh suck it you covenant *******s!"

Thus making the coolest grandpappy ever

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

The thing here is that most people on this site grew up with video games, the same way your parents grew up with board games and what not. They still like to play a game of stratego, if that was something they used a lot of time on back them, and the same way, most - young people will be playing games when they are older too.
Or be like me and hope I get enough money when I get a job to be able to play games...

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

As a kid, video games didn't exist... or at least home consoles didn't. I remember our first console. It had long wiggly wires to a sort of joystick and we marveled at playing bat and ball.

So as you can probably gather, I'm no spring chicken. But games are something I've enjoyed since that very first game of bat and ball. I have children, one of which beats me at certain games, but I feel its my duty as a father to thrash him at racing games.

I have a life. I'm married, I have kids, a house, I run my own business, but it doesn't mean I should stop playing video games. It just means I have limited time now to follow my hobby, which is what video games have become. I occasionally play on the Xbox, sometimes on the Wii, but for the most part I'm here because nowadays you can get a larger variety of games here at Armor than you ever could back in the days of the old consoles or the 8bit computers.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

i think that i will stop playing games when there are no good games anymore

otherwise at 35 years, lol

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I'll stop playing when I start sailing! I plan to get an ocean-going yacht and sail the world!

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

I'll stop playing when I start sailing! I plan to get an ocean-going yacht and sail the world!

Seriously?

If you are going to do it, are you going to write a blog as you go about your journey? Would be a fascinating journey to follow and I would love to follow it if you are planning a blog.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

probably never. lately there arent any new games that interest me but i didnt lose hope yet XP.

right now im going back and play old games i never got too when i was younger. i will probably pass it down my children (if i will have any hopefully XP)

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

@Dewi
The blog would be useless because I wouldn't get to update it on my travels and I'd forget half of it if I just waited to the end, and my journals have a knack of throwing themselves overboard...maybe I'll get a nice leather journal in Venice, if I can stop by.

Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

Im going to go to Florence!! (Leonardo Da Vinci's birthplace)!!! xD

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'll have to give it up for extended amounts of time with the things I want to do with my life, but I'm sure I'll still be playing video games years from now, just not as much.

Showing 1-10 of 10