ForumsThe TavernMy Guitar

19 4791
Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Hey guys. I recently got a classical guitar. I'm still learning how to play it. Anybody got any good songs that I could learn to play that are simple? If you could, could you also give me a link to a site or two that has good guitar tabs? Thanks.
Yoshi8521

• 19 Replies
gusvieira
gusvieira
43 posts
Nomad

Well, try to learn some basic chords, then go for songs which use those chords. Thats pretty much the basic.
Some examples of simple songs are: Cocaine, by Eric Clapton (the base guitar), Iron Man by Black Sabbath (also the base guitar), Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana as a whole, Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple (the base guitar).

Those songs pretty much cover the power chords easy patterns. Alas, I considered the fact that you like rock music like me. If not, you can always go for early Beatles, maybe some simple country tunes and some basic blues stuff.

Later on, if you really dig it, you'll be interested in learning scales, modes, and different types of picking, thats when the soloing (lead guitar) comes along.

As a guitar player myself, I can state assured that the main issue about learning any instrument is actual patience to learn it, something that most people don't have nowadays.

A teacher is always a good idea if you plan on getting ahead faster and if you have the means ($$). Anyhow, feel free to hit me up if you need any help!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

You're most welcome! I hope you're able to gather all the information you need to make a good start in playing guitar! But you should (of course) always remember one important rule... HAVE FUN! Don't let yourself get discouraged if something doesn't work right away... it's all about the practice, repeating over and over again till you get it right, and the persiverance, but in the end... the fun is all that matters! =)

Yoshi8521
Yoshi8521
129 posts
Nomad

Thanks guys for all of the suggestions!

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

This song is a good one to learn if you want to learn rock

Showing 16-19 of 19