ForumsForum GamesYggdrasil (a "Cut the Tree" Game)

2695 434233
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

Based on [link= http://armorgames.com/community/thread/3334894/cut-the-tree]"Cut the Tree" [/link]

First of all, the Yggdrasil is a magical tree of Norse mythology. Surely, if you cut this tree, you cut life to the world, yet the Norse believed that there were creatures constantly biting and picking at the tree, probably to scare somebody.

No memes
No posting own damage
One attack per turn
If I ignore you, its because its a stupid attack, or broke a rule
No being an idiot
No girlfriend/Boyfriend attacks
No protecting the tree by building walls or trenches etc around it(You can become an environmentalist, a norse hero/god, or a lawyer and sue the attackers.)

Because this is a magical tree, there are a few things you can do that you couldn't with a normal tree.

Note that this is the standard for some of the attacks:

A chainsaw will do 1 damage. Try if you really run out of ideas.
A tree cutter also only does 1 damage.
Axe does 1 damage
Battle axe does 2 damage
Norse Battle axe does 3

If people get sued by the tree's friends, they simply lose health.

People get banned if they break a rule or do something that no one likes. And I am the one who decides who gets banned. Every new rules post I make will say who is banned or has died. Banned people are considered 'dead'

Dead people can't come back. It is very hard to die: You have 100 health and unless you do some sort of really dumb or weird thing that just manages to get under the rules, you will receive damage.

To make this a bit more fun, the tree starts off with loads of health. this means that people can do lots of damage(I will decide how much). I'll try to stay active a lot to keep the damage in check.

Tree: 100,000,000,000,000 HP
Climate: No wind and sunny

• 2,695 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I ask him if he can teach me how to become holy and become a good mage.

He sighs visibly. "Just come in," he says as the rock falls away to reveal a large opening. Inside is what appears to be a living room. "Sit down." He starts to instruct you with some gibberish, then suddenly you pass out. You wake up with him standing over you. "There," he says. "Congratulations, you're a good mage."
(btw the more I hurt him the more strength I get back if I rember correctly I ade that happen)
I unleash more endersonic blasts before shooting more light

He seems to have developed a resilience to light - he has become transparent. You can see him, but... he flies off before you can get a great deal of strength.
Ok, I ask around about where to find it. If I can, I then go that way, hoping it will not be that hard.

The first town you come to, there's a guy who says he'll take you. He points to a battered old ATV. "No charge," he says. "You are mage? You can protect me? Good. Is free."
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, I'll go with the guy, I'm sure nothing could go wrong at all.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

I fly after him blasting enderfire at him

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

EMERGENCY BUMPDATE
Snag-
The guy piles you and three other people into his four-seater. The thing splutters, whirrs and drives off. Not long after Maginor's skyline is in view, there's a blast and you're on the ground. The ATV is in even worse shape and the battery (and much of the hood) is strewn about the wreck.
There's... some sort of bear-monster, about 9 feet tall, roaring at the passengers and sending shock waves everywhere.

Pokemon-

Try to get your power back by other means. This thing is now lighter than you and as such, it gets away easily. It's a bit weaker and much less level-headed than you, so work hard (and be creative - work on honing your skills and finding new uses for them rather than learning new ones) and you should be able to kill it.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Ok then, I use my powers to hit it with a lightning bolt.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

*sigh*

Originally, the game was about cutting the tree, now I don't know what it is about anymore....

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

It still is, but in order to get serious tree-cutting power you need to go on quests.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

ive got an idea but itll take awhile i start of by meditateing and other types of training to increase my power/skills

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I infect the tree with Necrotizing fasciitis(warning: gore).

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Yeah, but this is NOT a rpg.... It's simply cut a tree game. Why quests, classes, ranks (at least why a load of them o.O), gods, defenders, operators.... It simply feels that all you do is going around doing random things in exchange for even more random things.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

well neo if you don't like the way we do things around here then leave

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

bump

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Let's sing the waiting song!
*la-la-la, waiting for Raispeed*
*la-la-la, waiting all wee-ee-eek*
*la-la-la, screw this and update*
*la-la-la, I've had enou-ough*
Update time!

Ok then, I use my powers to hit it with a lightning bolt.

The bear is dead but the ATV won't start. It's the right way up and everything, but it's just not starting.
(Hint: Maginor is not walking distance away)
I infect the tree with Necrotizing fasciitis(warning: gore).

The tree's bark is stronger than tank armour. Probably made of the same stuff, too. Want to rethink that?
ive got an idea but itll take awhile i start of by meditateing and other types of training to increase my power/skills

Good idea. Endersonic Destruction has much longer range, higher damage, faster casting speed and all that now that you've meditated on it for a while. Also, it now has a faint homing ability.
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, I inspect the ATV to see what's wrong with it.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Ok, I inspect the ATV to see what's wrong with it.

Its battery is drained so it won't start.
Showing 2626-2640 of 2695