ForumsThe TavernFavorite Knife

26 5774
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

Mine would be either the KA-BAR full blade survival knife, or a Butterfly knife.

• 26 Replies
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Butterfly Knife! I have a silvery one with that opal set into the sides and a red one that I broke.

I have 2 switchblades too, one is broken... My mom got them in Germany.
They arent double edged.

I also like throwing knives. I have a bunch of holes in the fence at my moms house. I'm okay at that.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Butterfly Knife! I have a silvery one with that opal set into the sides and a red one that I broke.
Lucky... all I got is a Swiss Army Knife, so I would go for that, I guess.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Lucky... all I got is a Swiss Army Knife, so I would go for that, I guess.

I have none so you beat me there. I would want a few throwing knives. Or just some big nails. That way I could practice my throwing skills.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Heh, I made a thread like this bout six months ago.
My favorite still stands.
The USMC KA-BAR

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

My favorite knife that I own would probably be my Benchmade 940. It opens faster than most switchblades I've seen, but has no spring so is completely legal (in the U.S.). Also, the knife is made out of incredible steel, I haven't had a need to sharpen it yet. The handle has a nice grip to it, too.

I would like to own some sort of parang, just because I spend a lot of time in the woods, and they chop almost as good as a hatchet, but are more versatile. A machete would be nice too, but those are more suited for tropic-like growth, and I live around hardwoods.

I like utility knives over combat knives, because I don't trust myself at all in a knife fight. Better to just run. Unless I had a parang, of course. Even Crocodile Dundee wouldn't scoff at that.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

My chopper or cooking knives. No knives, no chopping of meat and vegetables, no meal. So long as it cuts I'm fine with it.

I would like to own some sort of parang, just because I spend a lot of time in the woods, and they chop almost as good as a hatchet, but are more versatile.

Lots of crimes here are perpetuated with that!
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

Whoo here is a perp??? 0o0!!!

also, i would honestly like a chef knife. It's big, pointy, legal, and sharp. 'nuff said.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

how can you like a knife???
i just like knifes wich can cut

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

Oo0

Really?! Me too! I really like knives that cut, and slice and maybe even dice!

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

Really?! Me too! I really like knives that cut, and slice and maybe even dice!

well, i totally agree, slice and dice????????
come on, a knife is a knife!
nothing special
elfassasin
elfassasin
87 posts
Peasant

I've been checking out stilettos and those things are sweet.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Lots of crimes here are perpetuated with that!

The same can be said for the machete, but that doesn't mean that a machete isn't useful for its actual intended use. Parangs aren't supposed to be weapons, they're meant to chop wood. The fact that they make good weapons shouldn't prevent them from being used as a chopping tool.

come on, a knife is a knife!
nothing special

Except some knives are poorly made and will harm you, and others are made exceptionally well and will make your life much easier.

And some knives just look cool.

Like a kukri:
http://www.bkcg.co.uk/products/types/kukri/ss02c.JPG
Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

this thread is really wierd I'd just use the original butter knife

ima_frikn_emo_vegan
ima_frikn_emo_vegan
9 posts
Nomad

lol i like any knife! unless it's dull. my fave is just a stainless steal solid block knife i have. it's amazing because it's all one peice so there are no grooves for blood or anything to get stuck in and it's really easy to clean

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I like swiss army knife cause they have almost anything and butterfly knife

Showing 1-15 of 26