ForumsThe TavernCoins

9 2205
Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

Do you think we should get rid of any coins (pennies, nickles, dimes, etc). I'm not sure, maybe nickels......

• 9 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well, the 50oere coul possibly be done without, especially now that the 25oere has been discontinued, but then again, some stuff would possibly be more expensive then, if there is no possibility of using the oere.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

The US and any other place that uses one cent coins should get rid of their one cent coins. They are pointless and it costs more to make them than its actual 1 cent value.

Other than that I believe we should change all bill currency to coins. Coins tend to be in circulation longer than bills. Although I admit it would be a bit awkward having twenty coins in your wallet.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

I've heard countless times that they're meant to be getting rid of 'copper' over here (1p,2p) and 5p, which is silver. But it's never happened.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Do you think we should get rid of any coins (pennies, nickles, dimes, etc). I'm not sure, maybe nickels......

The US and any other place that uses one cent coins should get rid of their one cent coins. They are pointless and it costs more to make them than its actual 1 cent value.

Let's say you go to the store and buy a box of cereal for $3.59. You go to the cash register and use a $5 dollar bill to pay for it. You get back a Quarter, a dime, a nickel, and a penny.

Now lets say you get rid of nickels and pennys, and you down to the store, buy the same box of cereal, and you pay with it for a $5 dollar bill again... You lose 6 cents.

Getting rid of pennys and nickels is stupid. For as long as people are going to buy stuff, a smaller unit of money is needed. If "cents" did not exist, everything would cost a dollar. Stuff that was only worth 50 cents, you would now pay a dollar for.
pepyboy2
pepyboy2
39 posts
Nomad

get rid of every coin but quarters

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

Yes, definitely. Get rid of all coins and rely solely on notes, but please ensure this only happens in the USA.

I'm quite happy with having coins... I can buy a pasty for 50p or a box of matches for 18p. I don't have to break into a note, just reach into my pocket for shrapnel.
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Well, I think that the penny should be done away with. I actually have had this linked on my profile for a few days now:

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Yes, definitely. Get rid of all coins and rely solely on notes, but please ensure this only happens in the USA.

Why even have bills? We could give everyone a card to store the amount of cash they have digitally. Or, to save on printing cards, use a pin number instead.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

We should just use gold coins like they did back in medieval times.

I agree. US money isn't really worth anything at all anymore. We used to have the gold standard, where the amount of cash in circulation was the value of the gold in the reserves. Now it's all based on nothing.
Showing 1-9 of 9