ForumsThe Tavernhow many are true gamers?

21 3017
derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

im a true gamer . atleast 2hours of gameing . could be longer but school ruins my fun time

• 21 Replies
DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

atleast 2hours of gameing

That my child is not something to openly brag about
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

atleast 2hours of gameing

There is a line between true gamers and addiction. two hours isn't that long, but just because you play long doesn't really do anything. And what games are you talking about? PC, console, Flash, ect...
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

At least 2 hours of gaming a...

A day?

A week?

A lifetime? (please don't say this one)

Anyways, I'm more hardcore, I get in 2 hours of gaming an hour.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Uh I'm unsure what ur definition of "true gamer" is... I know I'm not a lying gamer.... Uh u mean "hardcore"? That's kinda me... I play if I have any free time over the weekends. My friends say I'm addicted. Pfft never *twitch* *twitch*

SteveeXb
SteveeXb
490 posts
Templar

pickpocket, you and i are the same. total hardcore. together we will DOMINATE THE EARTH!!

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

True gamer, i play a lot (too much) but i'm not addicted as i have the ability to gtf off the game system but...

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk154/Ellicecutie/forever-alone-face.png

no one lives close enough and i can't drive yet D:

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

addicted means you feel you have to play you can play alot and not be addicted it might be you just like the game.

I personally play quite alot anywhere from 0-10 hours a day if there is nothing I want to watch on tv.

DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

My friends say I'm addicted. Pfft never *twitch* *twitch*

Sign... gaming withdraw... the worst kind you can get.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i guess im hardcore. i now play less because of my work but i remember i used to play almots 8 hours a day. i wish i had my old schedule like 3 years ago :/

DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

Check this. When I was 13 I was hooked on a game called "Last Chaos" I would sleep at 10 pm and wake up at 3 am and play the game until 8am until I had to go to school.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Well, like others have mentioned, it depends on what you mean by true gamers. I can think of a few possible definitions.

1) Someone who plays games more than they do anything else.

2) Someone who spends the majority of their free time gaming.

3) Someone who strives to be the best at whatever game they are playing.

4) Someone who truly enjoys games.

5) Someone who enjoys gaming the most.

Out of all those, I fit #4 and #2, occasionally #3 (depending on the game). I like to when I have time play my favorite games.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well now... when people ask me "are you a gamer" I say no. Or rather "well I do play the occasional game but not that much."

Then I look on Steam and note that I've got over 150 hours logged on each of the racing games I own.

>_<

But seriously I used to be addicted to games, now I have a job and I study and I do all these other things I maybe spend an average of 1/2 hour a day (or 3-4 hours a weekend), and I don't really like playing online PvP, because I lack serious gaming equipment (driving with a keyboard? Come on now.) This said I could drive rings around almost every other player in most driving games except when they a) cheat b) purchase some bonus with real money, that gives you game-breaking abilities. But don't count me as a gamer, I don't have multiple lvl 70 chars in WoW, I suck at Counterstrike, I didn't get in on this Starcraft 2 madness and I don't care whether BF3 or whatever it was is better.

Though I will definitely get around to TES: Skyrim. I just have to decide whether to play Oblivion first, and finish the Assassin's Creed and Far Cry series. Or maybe screw that and play Skyrim first haha.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Id say a gamer has 4-5 hours of gaming a day consistently for weeks. Thats probably the most hardcore gamers though. I think most people are just casual gamers who just play when they have the time. Though I wonder if Im becoming more hardcore as my TF2 playtime has recently passed 150 and doesn't look to be stopping.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

i'm a gamer
not a true gamer because i may only play 1 hour a day in the weekend
while school i may only play a half hour!
i hate it, ****ing home rules!

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

i play ARMOR GAMES!

Showing 1-15 of 21