ForumsThe TavernWhy can't I get a merit?

9 1937
johnymcjohnflog
johnymcjohnflog
29 posts
Nomad

I have 14 comments and I haven't gotten a merit. My comments have been helpful too.

• 9 Replies
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Were your comments original? Were you comments thoughtful? I have 780 comments and i dont have a merit. Dont try to get comments just write the comment and if its a merit worthy youll get one. You can also get a merit if you win a haiku contest in the Art, Music and Writing section

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Because the mods just didn't think them merit worthy. Chances are, the comments were bland repetitions of "this game is awesome because it has nice guns".

Read the thread on merits in the Newcomers section if you're really desperate, which moi can't link on my phone.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

1. You don't get merits for user comments*.
2. You had some game comments deleted, obviously they haven't all been entirely constructive.
3. Merits are not a requirement. They are a reward. You are not entitled to get any merits, if no one feels like pressing the little "lol, good job sticker!" button, you won't get one, and you will have lost nothing.
4. Complaining about not getting merits are a surefire way of not getting any merits. Because we don't need people with 11 game comments complaining about not getting merits, when we also have actual, valid complaints to take care of. And real lives for those who have those.

Conclusively:
You cannot get a merit, because you just whined about it. We are obviously oracles here.

DairyHick
DairyHick
134 posts
Nomad

You can also get a merit if you win a haiku contest in the Art, Music and Writing section

Can someone who is 100% certain please confirm if this is true.
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

That is true. I promise. I havent won one yet, but Acmed judges then alerts some mod, then the person who wins gets a merit.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I think Cenere is preparing for a nice slice of discussion here...

...he normally closes such thread right away, so... heheheh >=)

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

I got a merit from Flash game competition, where about 15 people competed in couple of games here, and I won the first place

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Can someone who is 100% certain please confirm if this is true.

It is correct. The poetry contest and the haiku contest both gives a merit, if the winner gives proper documentation for their win, and asks nicely.
Further, the art contest gave off merits as well for a win.

I think Cenere is preparing for a nice slice of discussion here...

Either that or it was 4 in the morning, or possibly because I wanted to see if someone was going to jump at the way I told him no.

But quite obviously the latter didn't happen, neither did the discussion, so without further helpful replies, this is answered.
Showing 1-8 of 9