ForumsThe TavernLooking for Apps...

7 1592
Qwiik
Qwiik
27 posts
Nomad

(BEFORE YOU READ, BEWARE THAT I HAVE A POOR ENGLISH AND IT IS SOMETIMES VERY VERY VEEERY CONFUSING! OHH, and if possible, ignore wrong spellings and grammar! SANKYUU!)
Heyya guys!

So yeah, I am using an iPhone and whenever I go out with my friends or like, anywhere else, they just can't keep their hands off my it. And well, it really annoys me. And whenever they touch my phone, they ALWAYS read my messages and conversations I've had with my other friends. Hmm. I always tell them "DONT" but, they never listen and sometimes, when I'm not looking, they like, read them anyways...

So yeah, I've been searching for an app to lock my messages, my SMS. But I couldn't find an app which I feel is like, "YEAH, THAT'S IT!" with. So here's my question: Is there anyone out there who knows an app which can lock away SMS? Like, if I click on the green thing with a "talking-bubble" a PW-pop-up-thingy will show up. And then, to gain access to the messages, SMS, OR to reply, I'll have to type in the correct PW...
UGH! I know this is confusing, but I can't really explain it in other words. :/

And yeah, I know it exist SOMEWHERE, but I don't know if it's available for iPhones without Jailbreak, ahh, but if there's an app or something which is only available for Jailbroken (is that what it's called? Jailbroken?) iPhones then that's okay too.

OHH, and I'm also looking for an app that can hide other apps. So like, if I don't want people to see a specific app, then I can just hide that one specific app in a folder (kind of?) and lock it away. And whenever I want to use it, I just have to type in a PW and the folder will open up...
Is there an app like that? I guess not, but well, if there's an app that's similar to that, then I want its name so I can check it out...

Uhmm, yeah, so help please? Ahaha... YEAH AND SORRY FOR THE BAD ENGLISHHHHH! D:

• 7 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

If apple doesn't give you the feature, it's not available without jailbreaking it. Apple is really butthurt about people giving developers any access to anything on the phone, so either jailbreak it or get an android phone.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

There are a few apps that can do that, such as Pysl or Tigertext (Which deletes messages a minute after opening them, so that's a downside).

Alternatively, just lock your phone and not lend it to your friends. There's a reason its called a personal device.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Pysl

Which requires a jailbreak I'm pretty sure.
Qwiik
Qwiik
27 posts
Nomad

Yeah I guess...

@master565 - Getting an Android is not an option though, but yeah, thanks for the info!

@nichodemus - Even though I do lock my phone, I just don't know how, but they always manage to unlock it... :/

Thanks, thanks, thanks guys!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You might want to change your password constantly or use the alphabet one.

Qwiik
Qwiik
27 posts
Nomad

@nichodemus - Yeah, I'll try that. I mean, it's better than nothing I guess!

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

metalstorm:wingman

The best game and it's free!

Showing 1-7 of 7