ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] Leonardo Da vinci

7 5700
Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

Everything leonardo da vinci here! Lets talk about his machines and work, its really awesome isn't it, multi barrel machinegun, armored car, naval cannon, flying machine, parachute, dont you guys think he was smart?

• 7 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

You only ever mention the war machines. There's a reason why he's called a universal genius. He also made models for quite advanced bridges (one who could turn on itself to open/shut down the way for example). His anatomical drawings were unique, even though some of his conceptions were still wrong, but he was well ahead of his time. And other of his machines who were useful to the industry.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Everything leonardo da vinci here! Lets talk about his machines and work, its really awesome isn't it, multi barrel machinegun, armored car, naval cannon, flying machine, parachute, dont you guys think he was smart?

How about you do some research into Da Vinci other than playing Assassin's Creed?

Why not start with a rather interesting wiki article on his foray into science?

Perhaps you'd like to read the detailed biography?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I admire his art more than anything else, since that part of his legacy has the strongest impact; most of his scientific forays didn't really take off. Even those aerial devices.

And since my favourite art comes from the Renaissance period, how can I not admire such a master?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I admire his art more than anything else, since that part of his legacy has the strongest impact; most of his scientific forays didn't really take off. Even those aerial devices.

He is one of my favorite Renaissance artists as well.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

How about you do some research into Da Vinci other than playing Assassin's Creed?

The only thing I didn't find on Wiki from his list was the machine gun, but he did design a wheel-lock musket.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

The only thing I didn't find on Wiki from his list was the machine gun, but he did design a wheel-lock musket.

Perhaps this? He did call it a musket.
http://store.discoveryeducation.com/product/show/65872
thisis17charcters
thisis17charcters
41 posts
Nomad

But was he smart enough to know why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

Showing 1-7 of 7