ForumsNews and FeedbackA point purchase system

22 6398
greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

I think for every 2 ap you get,you should get 1 point to spend on something.If you get one ap,thats half a point to spend.Things to spend the points on could maybe be on guns for shooters like raze,armor mayhem,sierra 7,and more.Or maybe even use the points to purchase things in the store,like a shirt for 5000 points.And maybe something to keep track of your spending,like a log.

• 22 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

For the former, i.e the virtual items, that's still a possibility I guess, if you can get a few willing developers.

For the later, what are the odds someone at the AG headquarters allows you to obtain one of their merchandise, which I think hasn't been selling well, just for AP?

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

nichodemus,your right,i dont think they would do that.But other than that...

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

I think we should have armavatars, Avatars and you can buy stuff for them with AP.

We already have that :P

As for the points, how about spending points on themes and features?

It would be like:

Chuck the Sheep Theme [50 points]
Private Messaging [25 points]

And also, you can buy points if you want.

We could call the points you have Gold Pieces, to keep it AG related.
JCCOOL
JCCOOL
63 posts
Nomad

I think this is a very valid conversation and all points made are very good .

brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

Indeed, I think rewards for armor points in games could be implemented, it would even enforce the need for people to register and participate in the community. The themes idea is also good, as it'd make your gaming experience more... personalized. However, maybe *******es would try to spam and just rage rank.

snow_pro
snow_pro
23 posts
Nomad

i like the theme idea, but not the features. i think all users should have all the features, not points needed. i think you could do something similar to cod for the armatars and such. you unlock armatars by rank and you can buy emblems and such for ap.

dim_the_geek
dim_the_geek
32 posts
Chancellor

i agree with snow_pro...we don't have to earn and spend our AP at the games we're playing, because after a while you may get bored of the game...emblems, armatars or other advantages.

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Believe it or not, I actually dreamed about this last night night. And in my dream, we could spend all the AP we had gotten from AG2 in the "gold piece" store in AG3. In other words, we could still earn gold pieces on AG3 but we got boosted by our activity in AG2. Also, I think we should have a Experience Bar of AP, and an separate bar for money so we don't have spend our XP in the store.
For example, This post in AG3 should be worth one AP and one Gold Piece. Rating a game should be worth a silver piece, or 1/2 of a gold piece.
What you could buy with Gold Pieces
I think themes and stuff for your profile would be cool, and it would be cool if we could buy virtual gear for our games as well. I don't think armatars should be buy-able because then people will spam for the one they want. Maybe if we had like 500 Gold Pieces we could buy a XP boost towards the next rank?
Tell me what you think.
-SubZero
(The first post I have ever made worth signing)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I think themes and stuff for your profile would be cool, and it would be cool if we could buy virtual gear for our games as well. I don't think armatars should be buy-able because then people will spam for the one they want. Maybe if we had like 500 Gold Pieces we could buy a XP boost towards the next rank?
Tell me what you think.

The devs don't make all the games, many independent studios do so, hence coordinating the purchase of ''gears/upgrades/what not'' would be quite a big problem.

What in the world are.....gold pieces? How do we get them? How would they be different from normal AP/whatever point system we will have in AG3? Why should we have two points system, three if you count the Karma/Rep system?
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

What in the world are.....gold pieces?

That made me laugh hysterically for some reason...

We already have that :P

I believe blk2860 meant pretty much the same like armatars, but you edit the armatar, am I correct? Well, as good as an idea it may be, why not just keep the system we have now? Or, your idea, but just without buying with these points we may acquire (If, of course, it actually passes)
TonyN66
TonyN66
29 posts
Nomad

This is sorta gonna be like MochiGames, where you earn MochiCoins and you buy items in certain gams with them for cash...

greenplanet011
greenplanet011
207 posts
Nomad

yeah buuuut,ag can do it right.instead of buying it you EARN it.I dont like mochigames because somebody can be better than me just because they spent a few bucks.Ag can make it so people can earn it and people can be equally good depending on what they spend it on

CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

This is a really good idea. But will the AG3 Developers agree on it who knows? I like the idea.. Themes would be perfect. Like a theme for your profile would work. A raze 2 theme would be perfect for me since that game is a BOSS! Private messaging is actually a good idea. But the messages should follow the rules and guide lines of AG as well. Good thought greenplanet011

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I don't know, i'm not a fan of "currency" on gaming sites as such and if i remember correctly Dan isn't either.

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

i play shell shock live and the other day i was thinking... "man if only i could unlock tank coins with AP" and then i found this thread when i went to go make a thread for it! so i think you should be able to unlock tank coins with AP.

WaKySwAg

Showing 1-15 of 22