ForumsThe TavernDragon Skin body armor

53 11763
BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

I would like to tell everyone about dragon skin body armor and how awsome it is because It saved my cousin's life yesterday

it can take three full clips from an AK-47 and not one bullet will penetrate and can also survive a dragunv sniper rifle and a frag grenade pretty cool huh

• 53 Replies
SilentAxeman
SilentAxeman
72 posts
Nomad

Yea thats cool alright so would the use it in wars and things?

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

idk if anybody posted this up yet, but hasnt dragonskin been banned from soldiers using it in iraq? people can actually buy it themselves, but you cant bring it with you to iraq. i think it has somethin to do with them not wanting iraqi soldiers finding the tchnology. @ least thats what i heard the last time i checked. i looked that up after checkin out the youtube vid a couple months ago and found another youtube vid of a newschannel covering the story that dragonskin was banned from combat

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

...so, that must $^#* of anyone down there right now. I mean, there's just one thing I don't understand about the ban of it in Iraq: If it can stop bullets to the chest, a mine, and a sniper shot, wouldn't there be no chance of Iraqi soldiers finding the technology if NO ONE DIES?!?

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

i know exactly what you mean. its probably just an excuse cuz they dont want to spend the money. if you think about it, by just saying that they wouldnt want iraqis to gain the knowledge rather than saying the just dont feel like spending the money, its a logical yet poor excuse that would eliminate pressure and protests from the gov. its just that not enough people really know about it to cause enough pressure on the prez. plus, my cousins goin to go into combat probably next year as a friggin ARMY RANGER. for those who dont know thats like a navy seal. i practically want him to smuggle the stuff in so he stays ok.

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

uhuh...so kevlar right
your a crazy sob

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

@purpledimosaurNo purple, hes not a crazy SOB,
If it was kelvar it wouldnt be called dragon skin armor,
it would be Kelvar armor.

When i read this thread i thought, You mean that dragon slayer game rpg thing? lol
Pretty cool design from the army, my brother said they have also made this silk armor stuff from spider silk..

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

what it is, is dozens of rock hard ceramic plates overlaping each other to form "scales". when a bullet impacts it, the force is distributed to all surrounding plates, lessening the force on one area. it takes several armor-peircing bullets just to put a crak in one of the plates

madgamer131
madgamer131
671 posts
Nomad

of course, the "scales" are surrounded by a layer of cloth to make it look like any other type of bodyarmor

Showing 46-53 of 53