ForumsThe TavernSchool/Education

17 4529
Superior101
Superior101
74 posts
Peasant

I know most of you are going to say "no", but would you go to school/college, if you had the choice not to?
I would, unless I wanted to be a garbage man, yep, I think I I would go to school/college.

• 17 Replies
firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

Would it still cost a lot? I know i will anyways but some poorer families might not. (no offense intended)

skittlezareAWESOME
skittlezareAWESOME
54 posts
Nomad

I would go to college. Why not? You get a better job and more opportunities.

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

I would go to College (Uni) It would be a better life for me in the future, cause of all education and Knowledge.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Yes I definitely would. Most people grumble about it, but they understand how important school is for the rest of your life, incessant moans and excuses or not.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i would definitely go and i hope i will be able to in the future. but im not going for my far future. right now, the main reason i want to go is to actually see how it is. without schools/colleges we wouldnt have many (if any) friends and those places teach us much more then just the subjects. i want to go to college so i can meet new people, have more friends and TRY to be more independent.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If what I want to do still requires a high school diploma and going to college, yes. But if not, nope. I'm in high school and I already know most of the stuff they teach, so it's really boring and tedious work. And some classes are just useless to me. Good thing I only have one more year left.

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

Collage is completely over-rated 95% of the time. go to any collage town and all the waiters at resturants will have masters. I personally could not be paid TO GO to collage. its a waste of time if you already know what you want to do. and a huge waste of money. new polls say 76% of millionares did not go to collage. they started buisnesses. I on the other hand am inlisting into the Marines.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

it was my own decision to go to the school again (an evening school). im glad that i need just a graduation from Realschule to get the job i want to have. i dont know if there is a word for my dream job that describes it but i want to work in a sheltered home for the handicapped or in a sheltered workshop.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Even if it didn't lead to better job opportunities, then I would still want to go to college or maybe even further. It's hard to describe, but there has always been an attraction of attaining knowledge for me.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Collage is completely over-rated 95% of the time. go to any collage town and all the waiters at resturants will have masters. I personally could not be paid TO GO to collage. its a waste of time if you already know what you want to do. and a huge waste of money.

60% of college graduates get jobs in the field of their masters (and that's in this large unemployment era), so the odds are in your favor. Besides for that, it turns out people enjoy studying what they have interest in.

76% of millionares did not go to collage. they started buisnesses

A)Where did you get this fact
B) A large amount of them inherited their money, just look at the top 10 richest women, only the tenth didn't inherit her money and business.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Wait, I don't get it...
If I could be whatever I wanted without college and high school, I would probably have skipped it. So far, it has been almost seven years of not doing what I really want, and while it has been educational and awesome and stuff, I would probably not have chosen it anyway.
But, as it is, college and high school was what I need to go through to make it to where I want to be in life. It is a hard, long deal of work, but I haven't regretted going this way at all. I have regretted not paying more attention to classes, not only in college/university but also in high school and ... that school coming before that. But that is how it goes when you look back at your life and conclude there was things you could use now, which you couldn't back then.

As it is, I am taking my Master degree. I didn't need it, not really, but it is nice to have, you get better paid if you have it and from there, it's only three years and you have a Ph.d.
You are pretty much paid to go to school here. You are not paid much, just enough to keep you alive, if you aren't going to become a doctor or lawyer or something that takes pretty much all your money away on books. So an university education isn't based on money here as much as what you want in life, what you want to be, your grades, all that.
Either way, I have kinda forgotten where I was going with this, but bottom line is that... I had to go the way I did if I wanted to come out on the other side the way I had dreamed of. That is how it is.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Here's another tasty little nugget for those who think a degree doesn't help

http://www.mybudget360.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/college-unemployment.png

CalvinChong
CalvinChong
14 posts
Farmer

Well from my perspective education is a part of life, cause it help you to get a job, building your CV, friendship, especially your teachers.

After you started working in the industry everything is different, this friends will vouch for you, and to ensure a good place in life. so try not to make as much as enemys as much as possible.

You do not know one day this people will help you from the worst situation you have experience, share your ideals, make friends, live a good life.

JulianEgan
JulianEgan
19 posts
Peasant

Of course, school is very important to get a better job!

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

i would definitely go to colledge. i need all the preperation i can get to make it in the "real world"...

Showing 1-15 of 17