ForumsThe TavernControl, Alt, Arrowkey

7 1262
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

There is a little-known widely known key combinations known as "Control Alt Arrowkey", when you push those three buttons at once, your screen turns for some reason.

....But this brings up more questions then answers. Why? Well. It brought up one question and had no question to answer, so that statement still stands.

Have any of you just gone one day and said "You know what would be great? If my screen was, at this moment, upside down. That would just make my day."? I believe that that is a sign of insanity, and this combo may just be a sanity test in the first place.

Now discuss CAA, tell us what you think the meaning of this is, and perhaps type it upside down.

• 7 Replies
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I think this command only works on Mac computers. I've tried it on my Dell before, hasn't done anything.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I think this command only works on Mac computers. I've tried it on my Dell before, hasn't done anything.

It works on all my school computers, which are PCs. I should know, I was one of those people who went around and flipped the monitors for each computer in the computer lab every which way.

I would also do most of my computer lab stuff (Very basic computer skills they "teach" you if you've never used a computer before) with the screen sideways or upside down.

I wonder what that might imply if paired with this statement...

I believe that that is a sign of insanity, and this combo may just be a sanity test in the first place.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It makes my eyes pop out as I try frantically to deal with the nausea. I tried it a few times, it was nice for the first few tries, but after that...... boredom pulled me back into her arms.

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

This is impossible! I can't do it. Any help? If it helps, I have Windows XP.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Actually, it only works on PCs (that run XP and i think vista too, though it may not work with all graphics cards).

The reason for this is obvious, if you want to landscape your monitor. Landscaping can be useful for certain graphics design projects, or maybe just reading text. The option is generally intended for computers with rotatable monitors, as it's extremely difficult to keep changing the way your monitor is mounted.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

The reason for this is obvious, if you want to landscape your monitor. Landscaping can be useful for certain graphics design projects, or maybe just reading text. The option is generally intended for computers with rotatable monitors, as it's extremely difficult to keep changing the way your monitor is mounted.

That would make since, except I have one on my laptop I am using now. It's monitor cannot detach, and as far as I know can't rotate... Do they just not bother taking it off?

I'm using said Window's 7 laptop, and it is fully capable. Just hold down all three keys ('cept up, since that would turn it normal...)
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

That would make since, except I have one on my laptop I am using now. It's monitor cannot detach, and as far as I know can't rotate... Do they just not bother taking it off?

You mean they should make two separate version of the OS, just so that they can remove one feature that doesn't affect anything unless you use it? Nothing stupid about that
Showing 1-7 of 7