ForumsWEPRHeaven and Hell?

811 182222
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I am catholic so I believe that there is heaven and hell. I do beleive that you have to do good in this world to be able to go to heaven but if you do evil and bad more than good in this world I do believe that you will go to hell.

Heaven it is hard to concept the thought of living for eternity in heaven and that everything would be perfect and everyone would be nice and kind.

Hell it is also very hard to think that you will be punished for many years until getting the chance to go to heaven. Also you could be in hell for eternity suffering if you do very bad things in this world.

What is you thought on heaven and hell?

Do you beleive in heaven and hell?

Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?

Is God really real?

Discuss, it can be short or long answers or views.

• 811 Replies
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

I highly doubt Hell being very, very cold because in the Bible it says that Hell is the fiery depths. I think.

The Bible doesn't mention Hell at all. Not in the modern sense of the word, and even when it does mention places that could be translated as Hell, they're mostly referred to as places where everyone goes after death.

It is accepting Jesus as the son of God.

Oh, so Jews aren't forgiven either. That's nice to know.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

The Bible doesn't mention Hell at all. Not in the modern sense of the word, and even when it does mention places that could be translated as Hell, they're mostly referred to as places where everyone goes after death.

Yes it does in the New Testament. The Old Testament does not. The words used in the OT were altered to hell.
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Yes it does in the New Testament. The Old Testament does not. The words used in the OT were altered to hell.

Hmm. I could've sworn Hell was only mentioned in the King James version. I should read up on the New Testament then. Thanks for the correction, Mage.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

Ya AgathaB you should listen to MageGrayWolf. Just kidding around don't take it personal.

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

I do believe in Heaven, but it isnt the Catholic heaven, with clouds and it's in the clouds. My religion's afterlife is in a place like the jungle.
We dont have a good/bad, heaven/hell. We have if you prey, you'll go.
And, with the god, not the same religion. We have a goddess.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

This passage means that the people that do not belive in Jesus Christ will not go to heaven. But if, however, they should learn of Christ, believe and obey him then they too could be saved. A gay or homosexual person can accept Christ, just as an alcoholic, a drug addict, or a mass-murderer can accept Christ. Jesus' offer of salvation is open to everyone.The Bible teaches that if someone has truly accepted Christ into his life, nothing can keep him out of heaven. In John 10:28, Christ says of Christians,

you didnt explain anything. you just said what i said with more details. its all about "your bad but we can fix you" and non-christians arent going to heaven.

jews dont go to heaven because the second they accept jesus they arent jews they are christian.

and since some people are "lucky" and are born to a catholic family while others are "unlucky" and born to a different family you can pretty much say that god already decides who goes where.

how can a muslim just decide that christianity is real and islam isnt when both religions say that if you dont believe in them you are doomed to hell?

"your a bad person as long as you arent one of us but you are a good person as long as you are one of us"? this is the feeling people usually get from religions like that. and its pretty much what those religions are about but with nicer words. you say "accept jesus" as if you accept air and water but this isnt like that.

there are so many reasons a person wouldnt convert into a different religion.

so tell me. why is christianitys point any more real then the islams point? they say pretty much the same thing.

also, you just made it sound as if you can do whatever you want, as long as you believe in jesus your going to heaven.

obviously this isnt about good or bad people. christianity sees things as sins because it wants to see them as sins. the more sins, the stronger the argument is towards conversion. by what you are saying i can say that a pure soul of a person who never hurt anyone and always helped people who died saving a child from a car accident but isnt christian goes to hell and a killer who rapes children and is christian will go to heaven.
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Ya AgathaB you should listen to MageGrayWolf. Just kidding around don't take it personal.

I've never actually read the Bible cover to cover. I did study it for my lit classes, but I can't say I know it by heart. In my notes it said that Hell wasn't mentioned, so I assumed that was correct. Apparently, either my notes are wrong or my professor was wrong. *shrug* Doesn't really matter.

What does matter is that you never answered any of my questions from the previous page. Considering this is a discussion, you could at least try to answer. (My actual questions this time, instead of replying with creationist arguments that don't hold water.)
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

@AgathaB

That because everything is so perfect, it had to be designed and for it to be designed, there had to be a designer, therefore, God?
No. That's not how it works. Those are not reasons. That's a mish mash of things you can't explain to yourself so you fill in the gap with the convenient figure of God.

So then everything just aligned and somehow was created with pure luck? Or do you have another reason why the earth and humans are so perfectly made.

Also God is real he brought Jesus to earth who perfomed miracles, and healed the blind, sick, cripple and the deaf. And also teached people of how God exists and what he can do.

Now lets try to encoperate Heaven and Hell into this. Back to the real questions is there a Heaven and Hell? What might it look like or feel like?

You can have creative ideas of what you think Heaven and Hell is.
Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

As I mentioned, my religion's heaven is in a jungle, well- that's what it seems. I guess the religion could mean it's all in a wild area. I dont think I'd want to be at peace when I die. I'd want to do all the things I never got to do in the world.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

@thebluerabbit

so tell me. why is christianitys point any more real then the islams point?

I never said that chriatianity's point was anymore real than islams point. It all depends on when you die what God do you go to and if you are "lucky" to beleive in that religion. I am just expressing what Christains belive in it might be right or wrong.

@AbathaB
What does matter is that you never answered any of my questions from the previous page.

I cannot answer ever question you throw at me maybe someone else can answer it but I will try to answer/ discuss some.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

please respond to my latest comment too

Also God is real he brought Jesus to earth who perfomed miracles, and healed the blind, sick, cripple and the deaf. And also teached people of how God exists and what he can do.

already said. you cant say: "this story is true because this story sais so". every fairytale has a story and characters to witness it.
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

So then everything just aligned and somehow was created with pure luck?

Is that the only two choices you have, luck or design? Of course it didn't come by chance. But by the same token, of course it didn't come from design. The higher the improbability, the less plausible either of those become. Improbability is not evidence of deliberate design.

Anyway, I shan't continue here, since this particular discussion belongs in the god problem thread or any of a number of similar ones.

Let's conclude my stay in this thread.

Now lets try to encoperate Heaven and Hell into this. Back to the real questions is there a Heaven and Hell? What might it look like or feel like?

No, there is no Heaven or Hell. (I feel like I ought to add an 'in my opinion' here, in case that wasn't perfectly clear by now.)

But if there were, I suppose I'd want Heaven to be the same as life. Eternal joy is worth nothing if you can't measure against sadness and fear. And I suppose Hell might be a representation of one's worst fears, as in, everyone creates their own Hell.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I never said that chriatianity's point was anymore real than islams point. It all depends on when you die what God do you go to and if you are "lucky" to beleive in that religion. I am just expressing what Christains belive in it might be right or wrong.

never said you were. my point is that if god likes you you go to heaven. and if your unlucky your going to hell. im asking you to explain this.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I really need some more Christians or people who know about Christianity to help answer all these questions. lol give me a minute.

44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

my point is that if god likes you you go to heaven. and if your unlucky your going to hell.

No, it is not if God likes you you go to heaven. You have to truely beleive in Jesus and God. You can't just say I beleive in Christianity all of a sudden. But I am sure when you are growing up almost everyone is going to hear about God and Jesus and it is their decision to beleive in that faith or not. But I understand how they are "unlucky" to beleive in another faith and that faith ends up to be fake when they die. It is unfair but that is the way it is sometimes.

I got to go for the rest of the day.

Talk with the other people discussing about.

What you think of living for eternity if you do and if what are your own views of Heaven and Hell?
Showing 31-45 of 811