ForumsThe TavernWhy is chevy marketing their new truck to a 14 year old audience?

16 3682
DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

Am i the only one who finds it a little funny that chevy is advertising their silverado on AG. I mean,most of the users on this site arn't even old enough to drive a car let alone purchase one. lol

• 16 Replies
phycticpotato
phycticpotato
132 posts
Nomad

[sarcasm]You are right its completely immpossible for anyone over the age of 18 to be playing games on AG. [/sarcasm]

Do you realise how many people are on AG every day? There has got at least a third of these users that can drive and some that already do own a car.

BTW, there needs to be BBcode for sarcasm. Lol.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

BTW, there needs to be BBcode for sarcasm. Lol.

+1

Some flamboyant, heavily cursive script which is nearly impossible to read and gives you a headache to look at.

Am i the only one who finds it a little funny that chevy is advertising their silverado on AG

13 year olds grow up into 16 year olds, who get their driver's licenses and a car.

Existing drivers eventually will get a new car.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

yeah what jeol said. the one with the highest rating goes into the super bowl. and just cauz the average of the social comunity s about 14/15, that doesnt mean that older people cant get on and not have an account. i mean, from their point of view, who would want to talk to a bunch of annoying "kids"? they probably play the games when the get board at work :P thats something i would do lol

Radiation_burnzz
Radiation_burnzz
12 posts
Nomad

well in canada people can get their learners at 14 and license at 16 so it not as obscene to me

joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

I, as a 13 year old, think Chevy is kind of intelligent for putting ads on AG, but WHAT THE HELL: A RICH AND POWERFUL CAR COMPANY THAT COULD BE PUTTING ADS ANYWHERE ELSE, IS PUTTING ADS ON A FLASH GAME WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!

*calms down a bit* Basically Chevy is trying something new to reach out to kids to get their parents to buy Chevys. I think they are crazy if they think it will work.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

WHAT THE HELL: A RICH AND POWERFUL CAR COMPANY THAT COULD BE PUTTING ADS ANYWHERE ELSE, IS PUTTING ADS ON A FLASH GAME WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!

Because AG has a chance of featuring on the Superbowl, AG is within the top thousand sites in terms of traffic, and because you know, AG has 2 million registered users, and millions more probably come here to play too?

It's a good advertising move, going onto the internet.

*calms down a bit* Basically Chevy is trying something new to reach out to kids to get their parents to buy Chevys. I think they are crazy if they think it will work.

I'm pretty sure adults don't play Flash games....yeah that must be it!
Evilfishy111
Evilfishy111
1,386 posts
Shepherd

All the people on AG mostly just come here to play games, not look at ads, so why should they bother advertising? I mean, most of us on AG are teens and young people, and they're trying to get us to buy their cars through alien car campaign games? Not gonna happen. Also, atleast we get a few extra ap for rating those games.

DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

AG has 2 million registered users, and millions more probably come here to play too?

This is true but but i wonder how many of them registered users are actually users. I mean, great job AG for hitting 2 million. But there are 6 billion people in the world and i wonder how many users sites like addicting games has?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

But there are 6 billion people in the world

And not all have an access to the internet remember?

i wonder how many users sites like addicting games has?

So do I, but so? I'm betting Chevrolet put their bets on AG, because AG is making an ad that might end up on the Superbowl, which would mean advertisement across the entire nation.
DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

majority do. more people live in developed countries. Do you have to argue on every unimportant detail in this thread? Just because i said 14 doesnt mean i mean ONLY 14 year olds. i just mean younger kids.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I'm 16. *feels old*

And I believe this whole topic is just going around in circles.

AG have done many things like this before. If they get money, they're happy. People don't realize some of the subtle ones which happen.

Also chances are these games were made in a week max.

As for marketing to a 14 year old audience...well if the game was good it might have worked and therefore drawn in most of the minority that is over 18. But the games have a rating of 2.4 - 5.6. I don't see a way this would work.

Radiation_burnzz
Radiation_burnzz
12 posts
Nomad

i agree with leo. i think its a good idea but more thought out better games might have worked

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

majority do. more people live in developed countries. Do you have to argue on every unimportant detail in this thread? Just because i said 14 doesnt mean i mean ONLY 14 year olds. i just mean younger kids.

Problem with that? I'm just making a point, that whining or complaining does nothing, and that if AG implemented it, they probably have a good reason in doing so.
TazManiac7
TazManiac7
25 posts
Bard

It is a new marketing ground! simply, they are testing it to see if it will yield any tangible results! Think of it from a business perspective, what do they have to lose anyway? Making those crappy truck games costs their marketing departments a few peanuts

Pluse
Pluse
46 posts
Shepherd

Well I am not a fan of Chevy after the government owns them, that's probably why they are marketing to a younger group. So when they come of age to buy they will buy Chevy and not any other brand.

Oh did I also say I own a 93 Chevy C/K 1500? Its now just dieing on me which I have spent a ton on keeping running. So I would advise not to by a truck nor a car. My dad also bought a Aveo or how ever you spell it. Its the worse car ever made buy Chevy its only a few years old and its falling apart!

Showing 1-15 of 16